Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Just wasted a bit of time doing the rounds on newsnow and have found some interesting bits - both good and bad.

Courtois, the Belgian, Atletico keeper, has been talking to the papers about how Benteke would fit in well at Atletico. He also goes on to say that he will speak to Benteke whilst on international duty about 'his future'.  

I know this happens on international duty but to hear a player come out and say it to the press is a little bit off.

In terms of Belhanda, reading through all the quotes that the player has issued over the past week, it seems like he wants a move to improve as a player. He says he wants to go to the Bundesliga or Prem as he has learnt all he can in France and thinks Engalnd or Germany would help him improve as they suit his style better than other leagues.

Could be guff to force a move, but I think (hope) that these quotes suggest he has a bit more than just selling out to a Champs League team in any country.

Also, I get the impression his chairman is a bit miffed at him coming out and saying this so has confirmed he will definitely leave and bids with all clubs have been determined and accepted. - Positive news for us.

On the other hand it seems Giroud has been noshing Belhanda off and trying to get him to go to Arsenal.

So now we play the waiting game....

this was a brilliant comment 

"No offence to any of the other clubs mentioned, but why would anyone want to move to a major metropolitan area like Milan or Istanbul and play in the Champions League when - if he plays his cards right - he could live in Birmingham and work with such luminaries as Stephen Ireland and Alan Hutton? Welcome to Villa, son."

I threw my hat in the ring with

"Villa signing this guy is about as realistic as Liverpool signing Benteke... If he goes anywhere it will be to a club playing in the champions league"

Yes when I see Benteke's physical prowess I immediately think Spain is the league for him *rolly eyes* :) Try again Thibaut!

Players don't tap, clubs do. It's a blatant loophole because they can be acting directly on behalf of the club but can claim it was just indirect i.e. not under orders. But yeah, it's a hard one to get to stick because everyone knows that kind of chat is rampant on international duty.

Meanwhile, Villa remain in the hunt for Crewe’s Luke Murphy and Max Clayton.

:bang:

Luke Murphy would be a great addition. More highly rated by Westwood within Crewe. And Clayton is a good young player. Neither will be expensive and both will offer something.

Also They're just that. Links. I bet you've never seen either of them play. But anyway, you're not worth the time. You spent all season slagging off Westwood so I wouldn't expect you to see the positives in the potential.

You must be a troll. Nobody can be this sincerely negative about everything.

We can't keep signing lower league players and progress - If that worked everyone would do it. I am all for securing the odd bargain - or taking a punt on some raw talent - but that won't work all the time.

Thats not negative - its just a different viewpoint (something you seem totally Interollent to)

People seem forget that these younger less experienced players will improve (some more than others) with more experience and coaching. Just like some people forget that it takes time for these players to get to grips with the premier league as well as a new team. IMO Lambert will follow this trend but in the next season or so add that little bit more quality gradually when we are in a position to afford that quality as well as being in a better position in the league.

The likes of Westwood & Sylla have had a great season considering where they have come from, hopefully they will be even better next season and so on. With regards to Bennett he has not adjusted as quick and has struggled this season but who knows he could come right next season, give the boy a chance.

Okay, guys. It was me who informed about Villa interest in Popov. Legia Warsaw fan and the Pole here.

Re. Popov - no changes. He is in Kazakhstan with Bulgaria team. I understand Villa wnat him. Probably nobody mentioned that he is (was) Bulgaria captain.

Re. Tonev. Yesterday I said what I heard, that he was going to have medicals in Birmingham today.

Absolutely no news about Tonev in Poland. I don't know where he is, if the news about Werder Bremen interest in him is genuine? If Tonev was in Glasgow, then in Birmingham, after that in Bremen, he will probably be in Italy tomorrow. Strange what is happening, but I have no clues what is going on now with Tonev deal. He played his last game for Lech and that is for sure.

• Like 1

Players don't tap, clubs do. It's a blatant loophole because they can be acting directly on behalf of the club but can claim it was just indirect i.e. not under orders. But yeah, it's a hard one to get to stick because everyone knows that kind of chat is rampant on international duty.

Aresnal fans hate Barcelona for doing this.  For a complete year all the Barac players where doing this when they met Fabregas.  Nothing can be done about it.

Real Madrid do the exact same things with players.

We cannot seriously be mad at players for talking positive about our players can we? I mean, these guys are 20+ olds and many of them are friends etc, so positive words and "I wish he played for my club"-comments are a very natural part of the game. There are many ways of phrasing an interview of course and common sense as well, but I have no problem with Cortouis saying he wants Benteke at Atletico. It is not like that comment alone, or him talking to Benteke, is going to make Benteke suddenly realize he is coveted and can go to a better club. If a member of their board, their manager or someone with power actively tried to persuade him then it's tapping up, but to hate on a player is just naive IMO.

I hit on girls who have boyfriends all the time, sue me!

Still cant understand why we dont put a 10mill bid in for Victor Wanyama.  He is what you need to play in our midfield.  Good attitude, good age and the quality to go with it.

• Like 1

When do the links with defenders start coming through? :)

Who needs a defence when you have a great forward line :)   Kevin Keegan nearly won the league with this philosophy

Pep's Barca.

When do the links with defenders start coming through? :)

Who needs a defence when you have a great forward line :)   Kevin Keegan nearly won the league with this philosophy

Yep it seems we are going for the 4-3 approach to winning games and the near heart attack for every game will continue seamlessly into next season