Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I'd be happy with the current squad providing Lambert has a plan to make better use of what we have.

I see that Delph is becoming a little more confident and adventurous pushing forward and I'm wondering if he's being developed for the CAM role.

7/8 bodies is better than 4/5 bodies in.

That type of logic will send you bankrupt. You'd be hard pressed to find any Manager's who agree with that I think.

Course it will. 5 bodies for 10m so far, another two or three Westwood's (the bit you cut out) won't bankrupt us. Fool.

I'd be happy with the current squad providing Lambert has a plan to make better use of what we have.

I see that Delph is becoming a little more confident and adventurous pushing forward and I'm wondering if he's being developed for the CAM role.

I don't think we can judge anything from a game against League One Rotherham.

Another signing would be nice but not really necessary as I can't see us challenging for anything this season or being in relegation danger. Give this squad a season to consolidate and then add some quality next season in order to push on.

IF we bring someone in before the deadline, I would hope he's good from dead ball situations.

Who is our best set piece taker out of interest??

Bacuna or Westwood.

N'Zogbia helped win us a match from a free kick last season.

• Like 1

I'm pleased with the players bought in and its not a disaster if we don't sign another. Of course, I'd love to see us bring someone like Kiyotake, but it's not strictly the end of the world if we don't. It's all part of the grand plan don't you know.

IF we bring someone in before the deadline, I would hope he's good from dead ball situations.

Who is our best set piece taker out of interest??

Bacuna or Westwood.

N'Zogbia helped win us a match from a free kick last season.

That he did Con, West Ham I believe.

I'm hoping that maybe Tonev can do something from a free kick too. Seeing Yaya Toure step up today there was little doubt he was going to hit the target and score.

Never get that from any Villa free kick. A decent corner taker would be a start...

Not signing anyone else would be fine with me. People need a bit of patience. If we go with what we have now, then we'll still be in a better position to strengthen next summer and may be able to bring in a higher caliber of attacking midfielder than we can right now

Edited by P3te

You can't suddenly develop traits you never had before. How is Delph going to change from a hustle and bustle midfielder into one with an eye for a pass and goal ?

Not signing anyone else would be fine with me. People need a bit of patience. If we go with what we have now, then we'll still be in a better position to strengthen next summer and may be able to bring in a higher caliber of attacking midfielder than we can right now

I see what your saying, but if we manage to end up mid table next summer WITH Benteke how far will we fall once he's sold ?

Better players will not stick around a mid table club when bigger sides come sniffing. And i don't mean just Benteke, There has to be some ambition otherwise why would any decent player want to stop ?

then we'll still be in a better position to strengthen next summer and may be able to bring in a higher caliber of attacking midfielder than we can right now

Why do you think that?

On a slightly different note part of the reason why I'd be disappointed with no more signings is that there seems to be some really average to poor teams in the league. With that little bit more we could possibly be a top 8 side which surely will leave us in more of a stronger position to again build next summer.

I see what your saying, but if we manage to end up mid table next summer WITH Benteke how far will we fall once he's sold ?

Better players will not stick around a mid table club when bigger sides come sniffing. And i don't mean just Benteke, There has to be some ambition otherwise why would any decent player want to stop ?

Agree. People saying they'd be happy with a mid-table finish are underestimating the impact of Benteke.

I think we really are suffering from not being able to shift Hutton, Ireland, Given, Bannan etc. I'd have been really, really disappointed if we'd shifted all of them and not got more people in (preferably a really quality player), but I can kinda see that the club might not want to go for a pricey signing with that lot still on the books. 

It's a bit disappointing, but I do think it's understandable.

• Like 1

I think we really are suffering from not being able to shift Hutton, Ireland, Given, Bannan etc.

This is an important point to remember. If we had cleared that shower of shite then thats a huge amount if money gone off the balance sheet for this year. Sadly we are stuck with most of that lot so that's why we probably won't see another arrival. Edited by villa89

But why?

Why is lambert being made to suffer for the mistakes of others? Signing a couple of players while keeping the bomb squad isn't going to bankrupt us. In fact finishing higher in the league could cover the extra money we spend and make us more attractive last summer.

I don't see why Lambert isn't being fully backed this summer. Actually that's a lie, I do, it's most likely because the owner is only interested in keeping us in the league and keeping costs down.

Edited by Big_John_10

Remember the same said last summer.

• Like 1