Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I really hope I'm wrong but I just can't see us signing anyone else, if we do its goin to be a total random person nobody would of heard of ( which I don't mind because it kinda adds a excitement ), ill also be surprised if anyone is added in jan too.

I really hope I'm wrong but I just can't see us signing anyone else, if we do its goin to be a total random person nobody would of heard of ( which I don't mind because it kinda adds a excitement ), ill also be surprised if anyone is added in jan too.

This comment is totally irrelevant as you can't judge whether Paul Lambert & Co will sign someone, because we don't know how the games between Now and the transfer window will go.

We could do horrendously therefore PL most likely will make signings.

We could do brilliantly therefore PL most likely won't make signings.

As a general rule of thumb it's wise to accept we don't know anything until it happens.

if that means we can't rule out signing someone or NOT signing someone then yes agreed.

I think the only signing there was a little smoke around so far was Okore, the rest came utterly out of the blue.

We know for a fact we enquired about Kiyouate and possibly Belhanda, even if we never bid for either. It would seem probable that we are at least looking to sign someone of that nature, whether or not we find anyone at the price/wages we want to pay is another matter. 

Edited by VillanousOne

This comment is totally irrelevant as you can't judge whether Paul Lambert & Co will sign someone, because we don't know how the games between Now and the transfer window will go.

We could do horrendously therefore PL most likely will make signings.

We could do brilliantly therefore PL most likely won't make signings.

After seeing the crap we was in last Jan we didnt do much then.

Hope to god I'm wrong though :)

Will be dissapointed if we don`t sign anyone else, but I am starting to be content with the idea that it`s not gonna happen,

Why do you think that?

The club have just had a very busy week, with three games in 8 days and the release of Bent on loan - it sounds like Bannan 'could' be off too so maybe that's where the club have been concentrating.

There's now plenty of time until the end of the window, during which we only have a Carling cup game midweek.

Once that is over (and maybe another 1 or 2 players leaving or as good as) hopefully they can turn their attention to another acquisition (or 2!)

Alfreð Finnbogason, who we have been linked with, is in talks with Cardiff after they agreed a fee (€10M) with Heerenveen according to Icelandic and Dutch media.

Alfreð Finnbogason, who we have been linked with, is in talks with Cardiff after they agreed a fee (€10M) with Heerenveen according to Icelandic and Dutch media.

Shame if he goes there.

I worry that all these smaller clubs are spending big time on some decent quality players. 

Bony, Wanyama, Cornelius, & now potentially Finnbogason all going to/gone to inferior (Imo) clubs. 

Shame if he goes there.

I worry that all these smaller clubs are spending big time on some decent quality players. 

Bony, Wanyama, Cornelius, & now potentially Finnbogason all going to/gone to inferior (Imo) clubs. 

Just because they came in for big money doesn't mean they'll necessarily succeed. Helenius for example came in for a fraction of the money Cardiff paid for Cornelius but the former could do better than the latter.

Paul Lambert all but confirmed we are looking to bring in more players before the end of the window on WM the other day after the Liverpool game.

I was listening to his reply very carefully and he used the stock answer of "if something comes up we'll have a look at it", but finished with "yes". The positive tail of the answer means that he still considers himself to be in the transfer market, whereas if he considers all business done, he'd be giving a much more negative slanted answer.

I think the definite business is done, we're just waiting for a few agents and clubs to get back to us when they don't get any better offers.

• Like 1