Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Now Moses is someone I feel is overrated, no idea what people see in him

I think it's just people have been pinching Wigan's wingers ever since Utd signed Valencia hoping they're just as good. We did it with CNZ. Wigan's best players over the last 4-5 years have all been wingers/strikers, and there has always been a bit of a media hype around the players too which make people who don't really watch the games think they are in fact quite good.

If Spurs get Lamela, surely Townsend won't be happy sitting on the bench. World cup year and he needs to he playing.

He's only 22 and has a good 10 years ahead of him if he can keep fit, I don't think he'll be too worried about world cups just yet. Plus the fact I don't think he's anywhere near the squad at the minute.

Pace, strength, work-rate. Chips in with his share of goals too and still young. Probably never likely to be a regular for Chelsea but could possibly become a good top-six player.

I think it's just people have been pinching Wigan's wingers ever since Utd signed Valencia hoping they're just as good. We did it with CNZ. Wigan's best players over the last 4-5 years have all been wingers/strikers, and there has always been a bit of a media hype around the players too which make people who don't really watch the games think they are in fact quite good.

So Chelsea bought Moses purely because of media hype?

No, I think that's why any neutrals would rate him, I think Chelsea signed him because he was playing well at Wigan and they were hoping that he was another Valencia, a top class player, and not a player just shining because he was part of a poor Wigan side. 

*Bit in Bold - Neutrals that don't watch many games, if you've watched him regularly and rate him, fair enough.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

I think he was a Di Matteo signing. By that I mean a player personally identified by Di Matteo rather then a signing like Oscar which was made above his head. He wanted Moses when he was at Smethwick IIRC.

Yeah, seems like no one is coming but have a feeling that is gonna change next week. The talk about shifting players so we could get someone got to me, and since bent left I am just waiting on that "rumor" coming through. Impatient as f*** but it would still be nice. I just think if we want to keep up this kind of play we need to have options, or we might crumble again like last year. Probably not as bad but we might lose form which would suck. Guess these two matches have changed my perspective quite a bit. We will see, they still are performing over what was expected, so I won`t be dissapointed if we don`t keep that level up.

And I meant moses is overrated in the sense that he has nothing to do at Chelsea, he is one of the weaker links and should be playing for someone like...pool or everton at the moment, not top 3. He still is a good player, but not that good.

• Like 1

Moses is a winger right? So surely he would be challenging Gabby and Andi for the wide spots which is not really what we need.

I see him as being a slight upgrade on N'Zogbia which kind of makes it a non starter for me.

We need an AM with a bit priorities being good technique and good football intelligence.