Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Get Charlie Austin in. Ive heard good things about him and that hes similar to Shearer. His strike rate is very Impressive (a goal every 144 minutes) even if it is lower league.  Maybe his deal to Hull fell through when he heard there might be a chance of signing for the Villa...

He failed a medical because of a knee injury.

Yeah I read that too but things are not always as they seem. he managed 37 league games last season so unless he got badly hurt near the end of the season its hard to understand how his knee is so bad.

Get Charlie Austin in. Ive heard good things about him and that hes similar to Shearer. His strike rate is very Impressive (a goal every 144 minutes) even if it is lower league.  Maybe his deal to Hull fell through when he heard there might be a chance of signing for the Villa...

He failed a medical because of a knee injury.

I heard he did it when he found out what Hull was like and fell to his knees screaming "Why, God, Why?!"

I know he doesn't fit the profile - But Kone of wigan impressed me last season - wouldn't have thought he would cost the earth in fees or wages either. We could do worse IMO

The same Kone who signed for Everton yesterday?

I know he doesn't fit the profile - But Kone of wigan impressed me last season - wouldn't have thought he would cost the earth in fees or wages either. We could do worse IMO

Yeah the very same one. :P

Yeah I read that too but things are not always as they seem. he managed 37 league games last season so unless he got badly hurt near the end of the season its hard to understand how his knee is so bad.

It's probably one of those ticking time bomb thingies that'll go eventually. Although we're still waiting for Demba Ba's leg to explode. The one that prevented him moving to Stoke. Trollolol.

I'd assume not for the reason you just stated, maybe this one:

DSCN1420.JPG

Edited by samjp26

How about just offering FC Schalker Benteke for Draxler. Going to love the next few hours off crap again.

So now Benteke's only worth £7m?! ;)

Well it just seems to me that most people on here thought that Draxler was worth 30Million Euros and that made me laugh! If that's  the case we should do a straight swap for Draxler ( A 19 year old still developing in bone structure and mentaly, unproven in the PL for a 22 year old who saved our butts from the championship).

A 22 year old who was still developing in bone structure and mentality, unproven in the PL 12 months ago...

Who ever taught you Biology at school should be ashamed, Benteke was nearly 21 and had by then fully developed and he proved that in the first year of PL football, he showed that he has great upper body strength,stamina and speed. When he came to Villa, ok! he was not yet a man "MENTALY " as quoted by Lambert when Benteke first indicated he wanted to move on (Or the media and his agent got together over a few beers and came up with a story).

Truth off it all we gave Benteke that chance and he proved Lambert and the scouting team right, but "IMO"  Is Draxler worth 30Million Euros? "No F***ing way" .

When we sell both Bent and Benteke for a combined £30m we need to reinvest at least half of that back into the squad. I would hope that we will go after at least 1 striker, plus an attacking midfielder.

However, with Benteke going it doesn't mean that we will actually spend any money until the wage bill comes down. Desperate for Given and Ireland to follow Bent out of the door so that Lambert is able to really improve our squad.

I would look to take Sigurrdson and £15m off Spurs for Benteke.

I agree this is the move we want, get gylfi down the villa we should have brought him ages ago! sig +  20mil im saying for benteke!

If we're still going to live by the "young and hungry" type players we hear so much about, then why not former Porto striker Walter? He currently plays in the Brasilerao for Goias.

walter-goias-ricardorafael-opopular-ae.j

Young? Check. Hungry? Apparently so.

He''s near death mate. STARVING!

I didn't realize that had gone through  - £5m as well - ah well

If we're still going to live by the "young and hungry" type players we hear so much about, then why not former Porto striker Walter? He currently plays in the Brasilerao for Goias.

walter-goias-ricardorafael-opopular-ae.j

Young? Check. Hungry? Apparently so.

He''s near death mate. STARVING!

He's just a fat Benteke :( 

• Like 2

This Draxler nonsense again!? It would be like us signing Wilshere 2 years ago or Gotze last season. Just not going to happen and an absolutely ludicrous thought  :crylaugh:

• Like 1

Would also be interested in Philipp Hosiner. Austrian Striker playing for Austria Wein and has scored 32 goals this season. Impressive record too with 60 goals in 107 apps (last 3 seasons)

Who ever taught you Biology at school should be ashamed, Benteke was nearly 21 and had by then fully developed

Massive footnote to the thread, but I grew 2 1/2 inches between the ages of 22 and 25, and my brother, now 21 has grown an inch in the last year

So I'd go back to the biology books skip

Who ever taught you Biology at school should be ashamed, Benteke was nearly 21 and had by then fully developed

Massive footnote to the thread, but I grew 2 1/2 inches between the ages of 22 and 25, and my brother, now 21 has grown an inch in the last year

So I'd go back to the biology books skip

I'm a biology student:

My 2 cents: on average people tend to stop growing by the age of 20.

However there is no exact cut off point for growing. Some bones continue to grow throughout your life.

I would imagine though Benteke is fully developed now! God help us if he isn't.