Sunderland

Richard

1 hour ago, Jimzk5 said:

Apparently he was demanded a big pay rise for himself and staff to stay in the wales job, when the FAW agreed he resigned anyway.

Other than an average job he did at Fulham over 10 years ago hes been sacked from every job hasnt he?

He’s been sacked in 2 of his 5 managerial positions.

I imagine that ratio is better than the vast majority of managers (and I’m not entirely sure what this supposedly indicates anyway?)

He left Real Sociedad as they changed president halfway through the season. Think they were 5th in Segunda and doing o.k.

Sacked at Coventry but then they've appointed plenty of capable managers and no one can do anything there.

No idea how he got on in Greece.

This could be a death knell though. Just think a few more weeks and he could've been in for the Swansea and West Brom jobs. Madness he's rushed into this one imo.

25 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He left Real Sociedad as they changed president halfway through the season. Think they were 5th in Segunda and doing o.k.

Sacked at Coventry but then they've appointed plenty of capable managers and no one can do anything there.

No idea how he got on in Greece.

This could be a death knell though. Just think a few more weeks and he could've been in for the Swansea and West Brom jobs. Madness he's rushed into this one imo.

I agree BUT...

...what can he actually do at Swansea/West Brom?  Both clubs have pretty much already hit their ceiling.  Can he really improve his standing much at either?  With Sunderland, he can turn around a pretty big club...

Just now, bobzy said:

I agree BUT...

...what can he actually do at Swansea/West Brom?  Both clubs have pretty much already hit their ceiling.  Can he really improve his standing much at either?  With Sunderland, he can turn around a pretty big club...

It's still the kudos of being a premier league manager. Could get him a decent job in germany or Spain like Moyes had for his reputation at the time. (Coleman has said he'd like to manage abroad again).

I don't think Sunderland have bottomed out yet, couldn't beat Millwall at home today so very tough to keep them away from league one I reckon.

12 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Sunderland have set a new English league record and gone 20 successive games at home without a win. They're in an even deeper mess than we were in when we went down.

Yep and next up the mighty aston villa who love helping others :(

11 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I actually feel sorry for them, that’s horrendous.

I was going to say we went pretty close in 2016 or 2015 but we didn't. We actually won games in the first half of 2015 and the second half of 2016. To be that bad over a calendar year would mean to be horrible over 2 completely different seasons. Wow.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I was going to say we went pretty close in 2016 or 2015 but we didn't. We actually won games in the first half of 2015 and the second half of 2016. To be that bad over a calendar year would mean to be horrible over 2 completely different seasons. Wow.

Exactly. I mean we had it pretty terrible but they are on another level.

Its remarkable anyone is turning up to their home games.

9 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Goals from the Sunderland v Millwall match

Everyone needs to watch the goals from their match. 4 terrible keeper errors. It's like both keepers wanted to lose. 

I have never seen a game like that two terrible goal keepers. Let's hope this keeper has a big time stinker tues night. If I was Bruce I'd instruct to flood their goal with shots

Larry was just on 5 Live, pretty interesting hearing him talk about the situation at Sunderland and how hard it was to try and turn it around. He talked about trying to instill confidence on the training ground but how hard it was to do and then how hard it was then to transfer it to the Stadium of shite.

Â