Has anyone ever used "Just-Eat" before?

Juju

Just wondering if anyone here has ever used the food takeaway service Just-Eat to get food delivered before?

I am feeling a little sceptical, I just did my first ever order by this method, as the search brought up a curry house I'd never used before, and my usual one didn't appear on their list.  However, I've registered, and ordered, and apparently dinner in 35 mins.

It seems a good idea, but somehow, deliveries from Indian Restaurants can be a bit hit and miss round here, I've had restaurants swear blind the door wasn't answered, despite me looking out the window onto the road at the time of deliver, and other times the definition of 45 mins seems frankly moveable. Also a bit concerned paying by card rather than at the door.  I'd usually walk, but frankly it#s flipping freezing out there......'

But really just wondering, does the system work well? does anyone else use it? Ever had any problems?

I've used it quite a lot in the past and never had a problem with it. I've had bad currys from places i've not tried before, but obviously that's down to the restaurant not the site.

The service is fine imo. 

It's only as good as the individual takeaways you're ordering from, the one benefit is the reviews from other customers tend to mean you can avoid the shit places without having to try them out first.

Cheers, it's just the process, from registering, ordering and paying seemed surprisingly slick, which isn't my general impression of ordering takeaways... Given I'm not "communicating" with the restaurant itself, it seemed to work really well. Mind you, it's got to arrive yet, so best not count my chickens....

Yeah they are great. I order online from my local curry house which is about 6 doors away. It's so much better when you can write down what you want and your address, rather than spend 15 minutes on the phone repeating yourself and them then getting it wrong anyway.

Just for the record, I do actually get off my arse and pick it up myself...

• Like 1

I've never used it, first off if I want a chicken madras I may want a bit of saag in it or a boiled egg or some shit like that and I dunno if it would let me ask for that online

also where I live is a bastard to get people to deliver to so I normally need to speak to them over the phone and give directions and my phone number and stuff

See, thats the genius, theres a big text box when you order, where you can add all that info.  For example, my flat is flat 17. Thats because there's no flat 13, and so it's 16 really. Well, it never used to be til the last "spruce up" when they got a plate made for the front door buzzers that had no 17 and added a 13. But my post box is 17, (and my parking space is 16, go figure!) so its important to convey that flat 17 is where 16 shouldbe, but its not 16 because from 12 the numbers are messed, so he needs to go to buzzer 13, despite it being wired to 17, and park in space 16 when he arrives. Its easier to type than tell someone who's first language is urdu, punjabi or hindi ithis over a phone line.

and the reviews of my chosen tonight had people swapping chapait's for rice on the set menu, and all sorts...

Seriously, I can't remember when I was last so impressed by an "online" thing, and allt he menus are on line, and so you can make up an order from 2-3 places to see which is cheapest, aswell as who gets reviewed well.

I don't think I'll ever ring one again...

See, thats the genius, theres a big text box when you order, where you can add all that info.  For example, my flat is flat 17. Thats because there's no flat 13, and so it's 16 really. Well, it never used to be til the last "spruce up" when they got a plate made for the front door buzzers that had no 17 and added a 13. But my post box is 17, (and my parking space is 16, go figure!) so its important to convey that flat 17 is where 16 shouldbe, but its not 16 because from 12 the numbers are messed, so he needs to go to buzzer 13, despite it being wired to 17, and park in space 16 when he arrives. Its easier to type than tell someone who's first language is urdu, punjabi or hindi ithis over a phone line.

and the reviews of my chosen tonight had people swapping chapait's for rice on the set menu, and all sorts...

Seriously, I can't remember when I was last so impressed by an "online" thing, and allt he menus are on line, and so you can make up an order from 2-3 places to see which is cheapest, aswell as who gets reviewed well.

I don't think I'll ever ring one again...

Welcome to the year 2010 :)

ive used it a couple of times, hungryhouse.co.uk is the one i use more often though... probably twice a week for 3 years probably had one delivery that hasnt turned up hehe

You get takeaway twice a week? :o

Always Indian or mixed?

Edited by PieFacE

ive used it a couple of times, hungryhouse.co.uk is the one i use more often though... probably twice a week for 3 years probably had one delivery that hasnt turned up hehe

You get takeaway twice a week? :o

Always Indian or mixed?

probably more often than that to be honest lol... busy life of a student means i cant cook, or im too lazy :)

mixed! i live in london so theres quite a few around.. theres probably around 80 places listed over those two sites!

First time I saw their logo I thought it said "Just Fat". 

Only eat takeaways about 3 or 4 times a year (not counting fish and chips), and then I go and fetch them. 

Â