Has anyone ever used "Just-Eat" before?

Juju

First time I saw their logo I thought it said "Just Fat".

Only eat takeaways about 3 or 4 times a year (not counting fish and chips), and then I go and fetch them.

3 or 4 times a year **** that, I used to have 2 or 3 a week but these days it's 1 or 2 every few weeks...mainly because of money though

Use it a lot, only had 2 problems with them but every other time it has been spot on.

Of the 2 problems, 1 was because although it showed my order as accepted, I got a call from Just Eat saying the take away couldn't do the order because they'd decided I was too far away (even though they advertised for my postcode) they then refunded my card but it took about 3 days for the money to become available again.

The 2nd problem was quite funny, my Missus was working late and we'd been talking on the phone and both decided we fancied the same take away, so we both ordered from the same place, mine to home, hers to work (seperately). The fella who was doing the deliveries rang her up mouthing off about how her work address was too far away and he'd lose money, she pointed out that this was his problem as he shouldn't advertise in that area. It was supposed to take 45 minutes, but he arrived at my house 30 minutes late and I started off friendly asking why he took so long, he had a moan and then I asked him why he'd been so rude to my Missus, he was obviously a bit shocked as he had no idea that the 2 orders he had were from people who knew each other. I asked that he was more courteous to his customers in future and suggested that speaking to my Missus in such a fashion was not the behaviour of a gentleman, he agreed and offered me a thousand apologies before racing across town to deliver her food, similarly apologetic!

I ordered a takeaway through them last Easter when we had some friends round.  It was late, about 11-12pm.

The guy brought it round and the Mrs went to the door to pay for it.  About 15 mins later the guy rings the house and asks the Mrs out.  She tells him to jog on but another 15 mins later he calls again.  I got on the blower and asked him to come round again so we can sort it out.  He didn't come round, I didn't use Just-Eat again.  

Wasn't Just-Eat's fault, but I'd had a few things through them over time and they were all awful quality.  That was the final straw.

Even though it is getting good reviews from you lot I think I will stick to phoning them up.

The curry houses I use know who I am and I actually have a chat with them sometimes, they know who I am I know who they are, doing it online just seems far too modern for me

I use them whenever I get takeaway (which is very rare)

Never had a problem. It's slower than ordering from somewhere directly, but it tells you it'll be slower. i.e. if you order from a takeaway it's pretty common for it to be half an hour. With Just-Eat I find it's usually 45 minutes but it'll tell you it'll be 45 minutes.

Even though it is getting good reviews from you lot I think I will stick to phoning them up.

The curry houses I use know who I am and I actually have a chat with them sometimes, they know who I am I know who they are, doing it online just seems far too modern for me

But Just-eat basically isn't made for people like you. If you've got somewhere that you use all the time and they know you then it would be bonkers to use just-eat.

It's more for people who don't have a regular takeaway or want something different. Instead of picking up the yellow pages or finding a random takeaway menu in their drawer, they can use just-eat and have a shit load of choices.

Â