• Bannan
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Delph (for Bannan 62)
    • N'Zogbia (for Weimann 62)
    • El Ahmadi (for Sylla 76)

You should have given up.

Nah, I was thirsty. Fans did piss me off today though. Felt bad for standing up and chanting in my ST seat because of people I haven't seen all season looking at me funny.

Should've been out of sight after the first half with those chances, but for our endemic lack of composure. Then again, that's our second half syndrome, too, just at the opposite end (Brad excluded).

You should have given up.

Nah, I was thirsty. Fans did piss me off today though. Felt bad for standing up and chanting in my ST seat because of people I haven't seen all season looking at me funny.

It was a strange atmosphere wasn't it? The QPR one was fantastic, but I guess the lost hour and the early start had an effect. 

We have such an appalling home record against Liverpool Utd and arsenal . It's like 1 win in 42 attempts over a 15 year span. That is just a joke.

Its to do with the whole mentality at the club CI which needs to change. We seem to be continually in awe of the teams you mention and our results against them reflect that. 

• Like 1

Six or seven thousand! Rubbish. That would mean 1 in 5 supporters in the home areas were Liverpool fans. There were probably a few hundred scattered throughout the home areas - there always are, but those numbers are crackers. For that to be true, almost half of the tickets that were on general sale would have had to have been sold to Liverpool fans.

I don't know why the atmosphere was so subdued.  I took two Germans with me, and I was hoping to show them a rocking Villa park.  

Took them to Palace on Friday (yes that game) and the crowd were great there, they have proper European style ultras with guys conducting it with their back to the action.

I have a number of issues with the atmosphere at villa park but I just could not believe how shit it was on sunday, half hearted repetative same old shit being sang every 2 minutes and most of the songs directed at the blues and the scousers, forget that their was 42k in the ground, the 14k in the holte alone should of made for a great atmosphere, hardly anyone sang and just could not be arsed even though first half we dominated game, I got that fed up of the people around me with their stupid embarrasing chants I kept saying shut the **** up, were a big club with lower league song book and atmosphere

It's nerves I imagine.

I wasnt there on Sunday, but I've been at games in the past where we've needed a win and you feel the edginess around the ground, and the atmosphere suffers as a result.

It's a shame, but it happens. It's not unique to AVFC.

My brief reactions from the game: As everyone has said, great first half, poor second. Story of our season.

Benteke is deadly.

Bannan is too hollywood

Lowton has a great eye for a delivery. His ball along the floor into Gabby for THAT chance was beautiful

Baker's tackle was dreadful. He's got that in him, rash dives. Very naive.

Everything else has been said.

How do I feel? I'm more annoyed at other teams' results than I am at this one, they made this game seem worse. This was always one of the three "bonus" games (along with United and CHelsea) that I wasn't expecting to get anything from. It's the other 5 that we need to be picking up points in.

That being said, it's still disappointing because, whilst they were the better team, I think Liverpool were there for the taking. Could quite easily have salvaged at least a point from that.

Ultimately, I'll be a lot more annoyed if we lose to Stoke than I am at us losing to Liverpool.

Edited by Stevo985

Â