Weekend football 23rd, 24th and 25th February

Richard

I would say Lambert has to take some of the blame as well, for the second leg at Villa Park, when Bradford scored Lambert lost all composure and chucked every striker he had on at about 65 mins, and we lost all shape and our chance of going to wembley, its like Lambert was playing Fifa, or Football manager panicked and put 5 players up front and we had no midfield.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

It's not like we were shite against bradford, we had half a dozen good chances to score at their place before they did. It just wasn't meant to be,

Bradford havnt fluked getting to the final.

Yeah over two legs it really should have been comfortable. That one is entirely down to the manager, we have much better players then Bradford penny pinching or not. 

Actually I put the blame on the players for it.

Oh yeah? You think the players weren't too fussed about a cup final?

It was the manager who messed that up, the set up for first leg was woeful and the 'tactics' in the second 45 at Villa Park will go down in legend. 

Yeah over two legs it really should have been comfortable. That one is entirely down to the manager, we have much better players then Bradford penny pinching or not. 

It was the manager who messed that up, the set up for first leg was woeful and the 'tactics' in the second 45 at Villa Park will go down in legend. 

Please show me where I said the players weren't too fussed about a cup final. If you can't I suggest you stop trying to put words in my mouth.

Please show me where I said the players weren't too fussed about a cup final. If you can't I suggest you stop trying to put words in my mouth.

I wasn't putting words into your mouth, I was making an inference from what you posted and put it in the form of a question. Our players skill level is more than a match for the league two side, if you are suggesting the players are to blame it can only be their attitude you are calling into question.

I can't see that it was their attitude or their skill level that was the problem, it was the way they were managed over the two matches. 

Edited by LondonLax

I wasn't putting words into your mouth, I was making an inference from what you posted. Our players skill level is more than a match for the league two side, if you are suggesting the players are to blame it can only be their attitude you are calling into question.

I can't see that it was their attitude or their skill level that was the problem, it was the way they were managed over the two matches. 

Yes you were and you are doing it again now, perhaps stick to reading the actual words posted rather than trying to presume you know exactly what is meant by them.

I wasn't putting words into your mouth, I was making an inference from what you posted. Our players skill level is more than a match for the league two side, if you are suggesting the players are to blame it can only be their attitude you are calling into question.

Yes you were and you are doing it again now, perhaps stick to reading the actual words posted rather than trying to presume you know exactly what is meant by them.

No, I'm not actually.

But we could go on like this all day...

Edited by LondonLax

No, I'm not actually.

But we could go on like this all day...

Well I'm still waiting for you to show me where I said the players weren't fussed about a cup final. 

So no we couldn't because you can't because I didn't say or suggest it, you just tried to put those words in my mouth. 

Â