Oscar Pistorius shoots girlfriend dead

TrentVilla

Like I said earlier, how would she know he was shouting at her?

If he's shouting "you there, in the bathroom, who are you?" then yes fair enough.

But if he's shouting at her to stay where she is and call the police, why would she assume he didn't know where she was?

She might have thought he knew where she was and he was shouting at some intruder coming up the stairs or hiding in a cupboard.

It's a stretch, but I just think they'll struggle to prove that that isn't a possibility.

She was standing on the opposite side of the bathroom ffacing the door, balistics proove that, when he was outside the bathroom and he claimed he shouted Reeva there's an intruder call the police. No judge is going to believe she kept quiet and didn't answer and say something like "Its me Oscar". Also he fired the first shot which hit her hip and he was asked did she scream and he said no then he changed it to I didn't hear her scream then changed it again to no she didn't scream then he said he didn't think you were talking about the shooting......, Unless the defence can come up with some concrete evidence to proove his innocence he's gone.

Edited by PaulC

They don't need to prove he's innocent though do they?

They just have to cast enough reasonable doubt on the evidence presented against him.

The prosecution have to prove guilt, not the other way round.

• Like 1

Ok they will have to come up with some concrete evidence to prove reasonable doubt.

That sentence doesn't make any sense. Doubt is not proven.

Ok I will rephrase what I meant. Its been a terrible week for Pistorius. He's done his defence a lot of harm. Its going to be hard next week for the defence team to repair some of this damage. No doubt Roux will do his best but I think its going to be real hard for him to create some  doubt in the mind of the judge. 

As the bbc correspondant Harding wrote.

"This week has reminded me, once again, of the dangers of taking anything for granted in this trial. And there is still a long way to go.

And yet I would conclude that, overall, these past few days have been close to a disaster for Mr Pistorius - and one that largely seems to have been of his own making."

Shot 1 hits her , she must have screamed . He hears that and shoots again, and again and again. Til she's quiet. Til she's dead .

He's as guilty as I've ever seen , just hope he doesn't get off on some legal technicality.

why must she have screamed? Does everyone who has been shot scream?

Shot 1 hits her , she must have screamed . He hears that and shoots again, and again and again. Til she's quiet. Til she's dead .

He's as guilty as I've ever seen , just hope he doesn't get off on some legal technicality.

She'd be pretty tough if she stayed silent

Well I imagine being shot hurts. I've been stabbed and it really hurt so I dread to think what being shot would feel like. No way IMHO would you stay silent.

I think he said his ears were ringing from the gunshot and couldn't hear any screaming.

He said a  number of conflicting things about the screams but its not this alone which is important its the the last three days as a whole which have been total disaster for Pistorius. 

If we're using football an an analogy then if it was 1-1 before this week, its now 3-1 to the prosecution maybe even 4-1

Edited by PaulC

Like I said earlier, how would she know he was shouting at her?

If he's shouting "you there, in the bathroom, who are you?" then yes fair enough.

But if he's shouting at her to stay where she is and call the police, why would she assume he didn't know where she was?

She might have thought he knew where she was and he was shouting at some intruder coming up the stairs or hiding in a cupboard.

It's a stretch, but I just think they'll struggle to prove that that isn't a possibility.

Just about plausible.

Have they yet asked him why he was certain it was an intruder and why he was certain it couldn't possibly have been Reeva in the toilet?

Yes she was on the right side and he on the left. he claimed he woke up got out of bed, said Reeva was in bed, he then went over to the balcony opened and took the two fans from there put then inside, closed the sliding doors and the curtains heard a noise, didn't notice her getting out of bed and going to the bathroom, "It was dark my lady". Its simply not plausible.

Yes she was on the right side and he on the left. he claimed he woke up got out of bed, said Reeva was in bed, he then went over to the balcony opened and took the two fans from there put then inside, closed the sliding doors and the curtains heard a noise, didn't notice her getting out of bed and going to the bathroom, "It was dark my lady". Its simply not plausible.

His defence would be laughable if it wasn't so tragic.

Â