World Cup Qualifying General Talk

maqroll

I still think Russia will win the group though. 4 games left,  against Luxembourg twice and Azerbaijan at home. I can see them pipping Portugal who have tougher fixtures.

Edited by Voinjama

I agree, Russia were shite tonight but their toughest fixture left is Israel at home and they beat them 4-0 away.

In a nice way that result sums Norn Iron up, they couldn't beat Azerbijan or Leichenstein at home yet have taken 4 points off Portugal and Russia! Shame they can't be more consistent against the minnows otherwise they could challenge for a play off spot. Still a good effort from a nation that has a limited pool of players to select from.

• 4 weeks later...

he must have been saving himself for sitting on the bench vs Newcastle...

Belgium winning, defour, can see fellaini getting sent off and Scotland making a game of it, rain is shocking

benteke hasn't really had a sniff, had some amazing touches though, ball is soaking wet, coming at him with lots of pace on it, stops it completely dead and turns...

Nah Norn Iron always turn over the big nations at home, Spain and England beaten in recent years. Plus Portugal are always dodgy in qualifying.

Just thinking about it there's potentially going to be some really good teams in the play offs, France, Portugal, England, Croatia.

Of course Fifa will make sure they'll all be drawn apart with the world rankings which is ludicrous imo.

Finland have played well against Spain even though they lost. With better luck and Pukki not being a bit rusty due not playing lately they could've scored one or two. Finland plays much better now under Mixu Paatelainen than under Woy "0-0" Hodgson or Stuart Baxter.

• Like 1

Â