The Randy Lerner thread

CI

He doesn't need to spend stupid amounts.

He just needs to keep making the right decisions and maybe fully focusing on villa will allow us to have a better long term plan under Lambert.

I have to agree with this. The last thing I want is Randy pissing his money up the wall on mercenary players who love cash more than Villa. If Randy used some of his windfall on redeveloping the North Stand and investing in youth and the long term infrastrucure of the club I would be incredibly happy. Let the likes of Chelsea and Man City be plastic clubs, Villa can be successful without stooping to those levels.

James Nursey ‏@JamesNursey

@philrussell88 @HowardHodgson the word at #AVFC is Browns valued at quite a bit more than $977m so over $1b. After that my calculator stops!

My problems with Randy last year:

1) Picking stupid managers

2) Feeling like the Browns were his priority + that I felt he couldn't do both Villa and them.

3) Sale of our good players and not spending money on decent replacements

So, if this news is true, we're closing in on him putting right the things I was worried about.

Exactly, and to make profit we need to finish Higher up the league and get into those European sports, which in tern means we need to invest in the squad.

You are right, the sooner we have a handball team the better :)

Typo :P

EDIT: European spots

It still doesnt explain the random appearance of a seabird in your post ;-)

Exactly, and to make profit we need to finish Higher up the league and get into those European sports, which in tern means we need to invest in the squad.

You are right, the sooner we have a handball team the better :)

Typo :P

EDIT: European spots

It still doesnt explain the random appearance of a seabird in your post ;-)

:lol:

Not that I'm saying they're necessarily wrong of course as I can imagine Lerner wants to be more careful with his money... but this is the Mail we're on about.

For example, in that same article they claim:

Lambert has spent only once this summer, with Matthew Lowton arriving on a £3m deal from Sheffield United.

reading through it again and there were no direct quotes either i suppose.

But to be honest, i rather see lerner keeping his wallet a bit tight this year, rushing through building a squad leads to alot of **** ups

Â