The Randy Lerner thread

CI

How about an "Occupy Villa Park" camp?

occupy-movement-434838181.jpg

I don't think it'll work that well.. When the occupy movement started those with jobs had a better excuse "we are doing it for the good of the economy".. if I went to my boss and said "I won't be in for 3 weeks as I'm protesting against Alex McLeish" he'd fire me instantly lol.

burn the stars and stripes. that normally pisses the americans right off.
What a stupid idea. It won't just be Lerner you're pissing off.

Yeah think about Eric Lichaj

I say we kidnap the general and issue a list of demands

The thought of being stuck with the General in room for any period of time whilst he spouts bollox is horrifying. I'd be releasing him inside 10 minutes.

I still go with my suggestion of weeks ago. Return our 'Proud History Bright Future' Scarfs at the last home game.

Or cut them in half and give back the half with 'Bright Future' written on it. Now if that does not get us national coverage I don't know what will.

The managers gonna keep his job, to be fair, one thing he ain't terrible at is making signings. Heres Collymore's tweet;

Have heard the Villa owner will "significantly invest again" in #avfc this summer. We need it.Positive news though. #utv

to be fair, one thing he ain't terrible at is making signings.

That is something I'd challenge...

Anyway this thread isn't about our useless **** of a manager its about our clueless chairman.

So word is being put out we are going to spend big in the summer... I guess those season tickets just aren't selling. Perhaps Doug has been giving Randy a few pointers.

Or cut them in half and give back the half with 'Bright Future' written on it. Now if that does not get us national coverage I don't know what will.

It's a good idea but I don't think you'd get the numbers. Not everyone has one of those scarfs for a start.

Wouldn't read too much into collymores tweet. It was Mcleish a couple of weeks back who said that would have money for players in the summer. Collymore is probably just recycling that.

I can't beleive even Randy would be stupid enough to give Mcleish lots of cash. At best he will get what he raises from player sales - I say at best, Nzogbia, Hutton is £14m mcleish spent. - so even if true it aint great news

Of course Randy will invest this Summer, for the same reason we bought Bent last January. He knows if he doesn't, we WILL go down and his investment will be worth **** all.

You don't buy a house, gut it and then expect people to pay more for it than you did.

I've never doubted that Randy will invest in transfer fees, the austerity measures are linked to wages. The reality is he backed MO'N and gave him too much control and MO'N went out and brought the likes of Habib Baye (£50k pw), Sidwell (£60k pw) and Heskey (£60k pw). The reality is that whoever we had as Manager (and I hate the Ginger one as much as anyone) we would have had the same scenario.

So we had a bit of money to spend last summer and we're going to spend big this summer?

Yes, thats why we've ended up with mcleish.

If we do spend its to try and help correct the **** up he made appointing mcleish. I'd rather our transfer budget was cut and we spent compensation getting rid of our manager.

So last summer we didn't go for the likes of Moyes, Benitez or Hughes (thankfully) due to the need to cut back and not support the manager with funds. Now we have a manager we don't want and Lerner has decided to back the shit out of him. The mind boggles.

Â