The Randy Lerner thread

CI

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/10615174/Aston-Villa-ready-to-offer-manager-Paul-Lambert-a-new-contract.html

Aston Villa are ready to reaffirm their commitment to manager Paul Lambert after opening negotiations over a new contract

Aston Villa are ready to reaffirm their commitment to Paul Lambert after opening negotiations over a new ­contract for the manager.

He would have never have talked Lerner out of giving Lambert a new contract. And to be fair the news of that contract was greeted in a positive light on this forum at the time.

???????????

See page 840 and onwards of the Lambert thread.

It's funny because if you went further back in the Lambert thread to the final day of last season, the tide was overwhelmingly against him. So what changed in that time? A good run from a grand total of *four* games? That only serves to highlight the fickleness of our fans.

I think Lerner should do the right thing now and **** right off

For too long has this club been run like a newly promoted side

Put some funds into the team and get us where we should be or piss off back over the Atlantic where you belong

Check his spend at his time here, show me facts it's £8m.

WRONG

We spent 8m this season. He sold off our best players, so they didn't turn up either. Of course I'm sure he hoped our worst manager ever would be there after the four year contract, but hey. LERNER RULEZ!

Â