The Randy Lerner thread

CI

UEFA can't be taken to court over FFP the way it has been structured.

Rubbish.  Anybody can take anybody to court if they feel how they are being treated breaches EU law.  UEFA may feel that what they are doing is line with EU legislation, but I promise you there are lawyers out there who would only be too pleased to take UEFA to court if asked.

• Like 1

Before Lerner we were a pretty consistent top 8 team and it wasn't good enough. Now we have fans asking why we should be top half.

Crazy.

If Doug Ellis stayed in charge we certainly wouldn't have been top 8. Maybe in the Championship? Saying that, if Lerner had not come in to buy us - another person/group would have during these last few years. As we have seen in the market, what is the probability of someone good taking over the reign? Very slim I would say, just look at most of the clubs. Man City weren't a big club before they were taken over by the Arabs, but they had a brand new stadium and good infrastructure due to their friends at Old Trafford. They basically did their due diligence, no need to build a new stadium and the town is all about football. Much like Liverpool and Everton, I think it's strange that no-one has gotten their hands on Everton, basically the Man City of Liverpool.

We could have struck gold with someone else, or we could have gotten someone hopeless like the owners of Cardiff and Fulham. Then you have a lot of guys pretty much in the bracket of Lerner at the moment, which counts for the rest of the league.

Lerner is not superrich in the sense we want to, he is not Abramovich or Mansoor, but he isn't any worse than the others down there. So what are we bitching about? It's not a god-given right to be rich, you work with what you got and I have absolutely no problem with that. Take a look at all the other clubs; there is lack of spending and atrocious decisions bandied around all the time. Managers are sacked and owners are interfering, some are not spending money at all and so on.

• Like 3

Before Lerner we were a pretty consistent top 8 team and it wasn't good enough. Now we have fans asking why we should be top half.

Crazy.

If Doug Ellis stayed in charge we certainly wouldn't have been top 8. Maybe in the Championship? Saying that, if Lerner had not come in to buy us - another person/group would have during these last few years. As we have seen in the market, what is the probability of someone good taking over the reign? Very slim I would say, just look at most of the clubs. Man City weren't a big club before they were taken over by the Arabs, but they had a brand new stadium and good infrastructure due to their friends at Old Trafford. They basically did their due diligence, no need to build a new stadium and the town is all about football. Much like Liverpool and Everton, I think it's strange that no-one has gotten their hands on Everton, basically the Man City of Liverpool.

We could have struck gold with someone else, or we could have gotten someone hopeless like the owners of Cardiff and Fulham. Then you have a lot of guys pretty much in the bracket of Lerner at the moment, which counts for the rest of the league.

Lerner is not superrich in the sense we want to, he is not Abramovich or Mansoor, but he isn't any worse than the others down there. So what are we bitching about? It's not a god-given right to be rich, you work with what you got and I have absolutely no problem with that. Take a look at all the other clubs; there is lack of spending and atrocious decisions bandied around all the time. Managers are sacked and owners are interfering, some are not spending money at all and so on.

The requirement is not necessarily being rich! Just not monumentally incompetent would be a start! 

• Like 2

UEFA can't be taken to court over FFP the way it has been structured.

Rubbish. Anybody can take anybody to court if they feel how they are being treated breaches EU law. UEFA may feel that what they are doing is line with EU legislation, but I promise you there are lawyers out there who would only be too pleased to take UEFA to court if asked.
Yeah. Paul is getting confused. UEFA have left the interpretation of the rules, the decision making, and the punishments to the panel. UEFA cannot be held responsible for the judgements made, BUT they can, and are, be challenged on the rules themselves. This is a case being taken already to the EC. The judgment on that isn't expected until 2015. Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

Let's face it he's clinging to FFP so he can continue to defend Lerner and how the club is run.

He doesn't need to - we're not a badly run outfit at all these days, we're just having a torrid time of it on the pitch. 

Let's face it he's clinging to FFP so he can continue to defend Lerner and how the club is run.

He doesn't need to - we're not a badly run outfit at all these days, we're just having a torrid time of it on the pitch. 

Did you see the last set of accounts?  That is not a well run club.  Selling your assets and flirting with relegation isn't a great way to run a club either.

When I previously mentioned about you defending everything regardless of the actual evidence. This is what I'm talking about.

When I previously mentioned about you defending everything regardless of the actual evidence. This is what I'm talking about.

Yawn - you just read what you want, see what you want and to **** with anything else. There's no point discussing anything with you. 

Did you see the last set of accounts?  That is not a well run club.  Selling your assets and flirting with relegation isn't a great way to run a club either.

I didn't say 'well run'. How do they compare with the accounts of other teams in the league?

UEFA can't be taken to court over FFP the way it has been structured.

Rubbish. Anybody can take anybody to court if they feel how they are being treated breaches EU law. UEFA may feel that what they are doing is line with EU legislation, but I promise you there are lawyers out there who would only be too pleased to take UEFA to court if asked.

You have to have reason to go to court like man city may have very soon. That reason will be the panels decision they will appeal it.

I didn't say 'well run'. How do they compare with the accounts of other teams in the league?

Absolutely dire:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-post-biggest-pre-tax-6947523

(Click through the various graphs)

just shows the level of incompetence terrible finiacial managment and **** in the league aswell.

Absolutely dire:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-post-biggest-pre-tax-6947523

(Click through the various graphs)

I'm sure he will ignore that just like he ignored the facts that showed he was wrong to claim its just the last month that's been bad.

This really is a case of blindly defending.

Oh look. The guy who wrote the Daily Telegraph article about how Man City could face a transfer ban, he's now said it was speculation on his part.

Ben Rumsby @ben_rumsby 7h

@FootballLaw Uefa told us 6wks ago CFCB had power to impose any sanction it deemed fit. TB pure speculation on my part...

Edited by Daniel

Â