The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Seems to me that Villa fans and spoilt little kids, shocker (when there not being know it all's about how to run a football club)

Want premier league or the apocalypse everything is shit.

All the rest of the hundreds of clubs fans must be really depressed and pissed off when they turn up each week and dont celebrate a goal or a win.

If your more bothered about money than supporting your team than your not wanted and are a terrible fan imo, whats point as soon as no money your pissing and moaning again.

I would rather have highs and lows and have a history and appreciate the big wins when the come whenever they may be, rather than become numb to it, oh we just signed another 100million pound player; its hilarious watching pathetic Man Utd supporting fans not knowing how to react when their team concedes 6, they are not real football fans imo.

Its not just the money thats ruining the game, its the fans being brain washed by it.

If we are taken over by that Qatar group you can be sure that all the history and traditions of our club will vanish. No more Villa Park that is for sure.

I admire what Lerner has done here. He has protected our history and amplified it in many ways. The Holte Pub, the respect and celebration of the 1982 squad and Ron Saunders was great.

He tried really hard and got so close to breaking into the top 4 with all the money spent by MON, those were good days. The problem we had was that many players wanted to play for MON not Villa.

I'm hoping that what we see in the next couple of years is a squad who have pride in playing for Villa, hopefully a couple of our young local players such as Gardner will be class and we build around them.

Do you really want people with the attitude of Tevez coming here? The only reason superstars will come to Villa will be for money. I would hope for a little more investment from Randy when we have the wages down to whatever level he deems appropriate but I would rather the club didn't sell it's soul in it's quest for success.

This obsession with money is unsettling and part of the reason why the world is so messed up right now. Greed gets you nowhere at the end of the day.

Seems to me that Villa fans and spoilt little kids, shocker (when there not being know it all's about how to run a football club)

All the rest of the hundreds of clubs fans must be really depressed and pissed off when they turn up each week and dont celebrate a goal or a win.

If your more bothered about money than supporting your team than your not wanted and are a terrible fan imo, whats point as soon as no money your pissing and moaning again.

I would rather have highs and lows and have a history and appreciate the big wins when the come whenever they may be, rather than become numb to it, oh we just signed another 100million pound player; its hilarious watching pathetic Man Utd supporting fans not knowing how to react when their team concedes 6, they are not real football fans imo.

Its not just the money thats ruining the game, its the fans being brain washed by it.

Do us a favour and learn the subtle but important difference between "you're" and "your". It's not hard.

You've sussed out the situation brilliantly. What all unhappy (and spoilt know-it-all) Villa supporters want is a obscenely rich Arab Sheik to make us into another Man City, and you, by holding a different opinion, are a superior type of supporter. Well done.

Indeed. We can't afford to compete with the very best financial, therefore Randy's a bad owner and he should sell to somebody even richer.

What a shock that you've got no clue.

Care to elaborate instead of just throwing out insults?

Indeed. We can't afford to compete with the very best financial, therefore Randy's a bad owner and he should sell to somebody even richer.

Well firstly I don't think anyone has claimed randy is a bad owner just because he can't compete with man city financially.

IMO he's a bad owner for a number of reasons.

1) allowing finances to spiral out of control

2) that financial breakdown leading to a good manager walking out 5 days before the season started. I also think there were other factors that led to this happening which considering MON was awarded a large compensation package Lerner must take some blame for the breakdown in their relationship.

3) appointing a manager who pretty much destroyed all the strengths of a squad that just achieved its highest points total in years.

4) leaving us in a position where Roberto Martinez wouldn't even talk to us and then going for the likes of mclaren before finally getting a manager who relegated a team twice in 3 years

And even though my knowledge of NFL is minimal i do know he makes similar poor decisions which hold his other team back and that's in a sport that he fully understands.

A poor sports owner who inherited all his money and has managed to do **** all with both teams he's invested in.

Yes I got a scarf, a flag and once had my coach fare paid for but I expected so much more and I don't believe he needs to be stupidly rich to have done better.

Well firstly I don't think anyone has claimed randy is a bad owner just because he can't compete with man city financially.

IMO he's a bad owner for a number of reasons.

1) allowing finances to spiral out of control

2) that financial breakdown leading to a good manager walking out 5 days before the season started. I also think there were other factors that led to this happening which considering MON was awarded a large compensation package Lerner must take some blame for the breakdown in their relationship.

3) appointing a manager who pretty much destroyed all the strengths of a squad that just achieved its highest points total in years.

4) leaving us in a position where Roberto Martinez wouldn't even talk to us and then going for the likes of mclaren before finally getting a manager who relegated a team twice in 3 years

And even though my knowledge of NFL is minimal i do know he makes similar poor decisions which hold his other team back and that's in a sport that he fully understands.

A poor sports owner who inherited all his money and has managed to do **** all with both teams he's invested in.

Yes I got a scarf, a flag and once had my coach fare paid for but I expected so much more and I don't believe he needs to be stupidly rich to have done better.

The problem here, is that you're blaming practically everything on Randy. According to you, it was Randy's fault finances spiraled out of control, not MON's. You then go on about how he's to blame for letting a supposedly good manager go despite the fact that that was all about him trying to get the finances in order, something you blamed him for not doing in your first point.

As I've said countless times, it's a catch-22 for him.

Finances spiral out of control - Randy's fault for not controlling them

A "good" manager leaves - Randy's fault because he didn't back his manager

Houllier or McLeish perform poorly - Randy's fault for appointing them

And it goes on and on. Basically, when anything bad happens people will always twist it so that Randy is to blame.

And it goes on and on. Basically, when anything bad happens people will always twist it so that Randy is to blame.

Twist what?

He's the boss, he has the final say on all money spent and he makes the decisions on who will become the manager.

I'm afraid part of being the boss is taking responsibility for making the wrong decisions.

Twist what?

He's the boss, he has the final say on all money spent and he makes the decisions on who will become the manager.

I'm afraid part of being the boss is taking responsibility for making the wrong decisions.

Well for example, you won't seem to accept that MON is just as much if not more to blame than Randy for the finances going out of control.

Ultimately the buck stops with Randy. He has the last say on anything at the club!And the guy has made some silly mistakes and shown a general nievity in running such a high profile business. This doesn't make him a bad man, just a man in over his head. I think he would be mad not to sell if a decent offer was made.

Does that make me a bad fan? In some peoples eyes yes! Do I care, not in the slightest as we are all entitled to our opinion.

Would a mega rich oil barron buying us ruin the game, no way it's already ruined. All it would do is give us a chance to compete.

So why not dream of jumping on the band waggon, it's better than having to watch the drivell that McLeish serves up every week?

Twist what?

Well for example, you won't seem to accept that MON is just as much if not more to blame than Randy for the finances going out of control.

I didn't realise MON did the books as well as manage the team?

Why can't you understand, Randy signed the cheques and the contracts NOT MON!

At the end of the day MON brought more sustained success than any recent manager and for all his faults is head and shoulders above ANY of Randy's own managerial appointments.

I predict

a) A sale

or

B) 500+ pages of speculation expecting some big name to come in, squabbling amongst VTers, Blues wind-up merchants turning up again, only to find out that rather than being taken over, the announcement is in fact a statement that Lerner has gone bankrupt.

option B) is predictably happening then. And we've only just started.

Success increases income. Randy signed the cheques, MON chose the players. If the players didn't bring the success the outlay deserved, it was a poor choice of player. In that scenario, chairman backs manager, manager fails.

IMO, at a well run club the manager should be intrinsically involved in contract and transfer fee negotiations. I cannot criticise or praise Randy for that, I don't know how we work.

Â