The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Qatar Petroleum anyone? Hand on heart...

Say more

It's not an ITK statement, it's common knowledge that QP are in the market for a Premier League club (Blackburn and Everton are linked at the moment) so I just wondered what your thoughts would be if Randy were to sell to a company like this, I'm just using QP as an example...

If Lerner loved us as he claims then he should be doing everything in his power to sell to someone with the ability to do what he can't

Say more

It's not an ITK statement, it's common knowledge that QP are in the market for a Premier League club (Blackburn and Everton are linked at the moment) so I just wondered what your thoughts would be if Randy were to sell to a company like this, I'm just using QP as an example...

If Lerner loved us as he claims then he should be doing everything in his power to sell to someone with the ability to do what he can't

Really? I would've thought that if Randy wanted to sell then it would be his job to sell to the most responsible perspective buyers, not the richest.

I personally think that our brush with relegation scared the pants off Lerner, and he will want to protect his investment now, first by balancing the books and putting things in sound fiscal order, and then selling the club. I expect a new owner within two years.

Say more

Really? I would've thought that if Randy wanted to sell then it would be his job to sell to the most responsible perspective buyers, not the richest.

Well I would assume if they had the ability to get us into champions league we wouldn't have to worry too much about them killing the club. Especially with the new rules in place.

Say more

Well I would assume if they had the ability to get us into champions league we wouldn't have to worry too much about them killing the club. Especially with the new rules in place.

Having obscene amounts of money doesn't necessarily make good owners.

So, back on topic like, where is Randy then?

Back on topic again, he arrived in Birmingham this morning.

Interesting I guess in light of the recent post from MM perhaps we will hear from him. I rather suspect if we do it won't be anything of any real significance though but we will see.

Do you know when he is here until?

If the new FIFA FFP rules are enforced then a rich(er) Sugar Daddy taking us over isn't going to make any difference. In two seasons time, an owner can only pump 45million Euros of his own money, over two seasons, into the club.

Even if they were to come in now and pump millions into transfers (thus forcing us back into a deeper loss) the monitoring period for losses has started so we've basically missed the boat anyway.

Sorry, but these rules have **** us. They're there to maintain the status quo and a little club like ours can now do **** all to break into it.

Has this been posted? From The Daily Mail.

Is Lerner losing interest?

Aston Villa under American Randy Lerner are often given as the model for foreign ownership of a Premier League club. However, Lerner’s growing disenchantment with his involvement can be gauged by the fact that the first home game he attended this season was the win against Norwich 10 days ago. Friends say he would sell if he received the right offer.

A club spokesman said: ‘The owner’s eldest son has been switching schools in America which has meant that Randy hasn’t been able to come over for as many games as usual. But he watches every one live on TV.’

Daily Mail: Lerning Losing Interest?

I don't know how Charles Sale knows Lerners friends, maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. Things seem to be stirring a bit.

Has this been posted? From The Daily Mail.

Is Lerner losing interest?

Aston Villa under American Randy Lerner are often given as the model for foreign ownership of a Premier League club. However, Lerner’s growing disenchantment with his involvement can be gauged by the fact that the first home game he attended this season was the win against Norwich 10 days ago. Friends say he would sell if he received the right offer.

A club spokesman said: ‘The owner’s eldest son has been switching schools in America which has meant that Randy hasn’t been able to come over for as many games as usual. But he watches every one live on TV.’

Daily Mail: Lerning Losing Interest?

I don't know how Charles Sale knows Lerners friends, maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. Things seem to be stirring a bit.

Well that is not really news is it? A 'friend' say he will sell for the right offer? No shit!

Plus then there is an explanation as to why he has attended VP much this season, because his son's education is more important to Randy than the Villa? No shockers there then?

Next the mail will link us to QP, wow, top investigative journalism there by the Mail!

Perhaps Randy is turning up to tell us fans absolutely everything, spend shit loads and run the club perfectly.

Then he would be a good owner overnight.

Or perhaps he might have to spell it out for some folk who want it drawn in crayon and just use it as an excuse to abuse every 5 minutes.

If the new FIFA FFP rules are enforced then a rich(er) Sugar Daddy taking us over isn't going to make any difference. In two seasons time, an owner can only pump 45million Euros of his own money, over two seasons, into the club.

Even if they were to come in now and pump millions into transfers (thus forcing us back into a deeper loss) the monitoring period for losses has started so we've basically missed the boat anyway.

Sorry, but these rules have **** us. They're there to maintain the status quo and a little club like ours can now do **** all to break into it.

Not that I think it will happen, but it doesn't stop them getting a 500m sponsorship deal in the same way City did.

So, back on topic like, where is Randy then?

Back on topic again, he arrived in Birmingham this morning.

Interesting I guess in light of the recent post from MM perhaps we will hear from him. I rather suspect if we do it won't be anything of any real significance though but we will see.

Do you know when he is here until?

Aircraft dropped off and positioned down to Luton, from where it is shaping to leave this morning.

Â