The Randy Lerner thread

CI

So he watches every game, wherever he is in the world.

What kind of masochist would put himself through that and not want to spend money buying decent players?

I can only imagine he watches the games sitting on a bed of nails while Susan Boyle lookalikes hold cigarette lighters under the soles of his feet.

• Like 1

Well, I think he is more reliable than sun? I don`t know what to think really. To me it seems the only the evidence is the lack of spending from Lerner, and of course his distant appearance to the fans of the club. Still think something needs to happen in the summer where fans are addressed of where we are going and what not, show some more intention in the summer market. Still think we are going a right way now but stuff like this window obviously is a cause for concern once again. 

• Like 2

The guy who wrote the article has tweeted that Randy has been actively looking in the States. Hopefully we aren't limiting ourselves in who we'd be willing to sell to.

He should definitely be limiting who he is willing to sell to. We don't want someone like Yeung or Venky's to take over.

Sorry I just meant that hopefully we wouldn't just limit ourselves to buyers from the United States.

Anyway the denial seems pretty conclusive. I thought it might be brushed aside but wasn't expecting the statement to be that strong.

Well, I think he is more reliable than sun? I don`t know what to think really. To me it seems the only the evidence is the lack of spending from Lerner, and of course his distant appearance to the fans of the club. Still think something needs to happen in the summer where fans are addressed of where we are going and what not, show some more intention in the summer market. Still think we are going a right way now but stuff like this window obviously is a cause for concern once again. 

This. I think they have denied selling because it could cause a lot of uncertainty. But I still think they are looking for a buyer and Randy is willing to sell the club. Anyway, I guess we will find out in the summer time.

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

I don't believe a word of that above... it is the same all the time, the same line.. "I speak to Randy two or three times each day" - the standard reply for any question asked.

I think Randy will sell.

The fact that this is a typical response shows how Lerner completely lacks any public presence to the fans of the club. Even the cheif exec knows this which is why he has to constantly remind us that, yes, our owner does in fact still exist.

Hope more stories like this emerge until Lerner has to actually show some kind of public presence.

If you intend to sell …. you have to publicly deny, deny, deny. The people or organisations rich enough to buy and run AVFC conduct their transactions in private.

All PF has done with his swift rebuttal is to emphasise the price for any interested party.

• Like 1

When were the Browns eventually sold? I just found this which shows these things get denied before turning out to be true anyway. I guess the last thing we want is uncertainty about the clubs future affecting players performance.

• Like 1

When were the Browns eventually sold? I just found this which shows these things get denied before turning out to be true anyway. I guess the last thing we want is uncertainty about the clubs future affecting players performance.

Browns were sold about 2 months after that report.

Like a month after that article he announced he was selling it. They always deny stuff like this because it always happens behind closed doors anyway, nobody ever comes out and says their club is for sale.

Of course he's going to deny it. You can't tell me that if he gets a £200m offer he'll turn it down.

I think in "media speak" Paul Faulkner has just told us that the Sun got the price wrong … it's 250 million not 200 million! I'm sure you're right though adz, 200 mil would get it done.

Good find that, useless. Although I can't think how the players' performances would be negatively affected by the idea of RL selling the club. Positively affected more like.

It could have some effect on the manager though. Its unusual for new owners to stick with an existing manager so making it clear we're for sale would raise a lot of questions about the future of lambert.

• Like 4

Good find that, useless. Although I can't think how the players' performances would be negatively affected by the idea of RL selling the club. Positively affected more like.

It could have some effect on the manager though. Its unusual for new owners to stick with an existing manager so making it clear we're for sale would raise a lot of questions about the future of lambert.

If Lerner stays and he continues having to work under the same financial restrictions then I'd imagine he will be gone at the end of his contract anyway.

The funding Lerner is providing is at best enough to ensure we survive in the top flight. That is definitely not anywhere near good enough for this great club and I doubt very much matches Lamberts ambitions.

Edited by markavfc40

So he watches every game, wherever he is in the world.

What kind of masochist would put himself through that and not want to spend money buying decent players?

I can only imagine he watches the games sitting on a bed of nails while Susan Boyle lookalikes hold cigarette lighters under the soles of his feet.

Its the ultimate irony - Lerners defence is that he watches every game on TV + and phones Faulkner + Lambert on a regular basis - as though that makes everything alright.

In my opinion he probably does neither.

I think he probably meets with Lambert in the close season - sets out the budget and thats it.

These stories will continue whilst he continues to show a lack of interest in the club - by non attending and only nominal investment in players. against such backdrop I wouldn't be surprised if Lambert calls it a day at the end of the season

Edited by smetrov

it's sometimes used as an excuse for underperforming clubs, but like you I can never really understand why that should be the case.

Â