The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I have no clue why Lambert took this job if lerner is indeed going to sell up. It makes absolutely no sense at all.

Wanted to leave Norwich? Saw an opportunity at a big club with potential?

seems like something pretty irretrievable went on there, when he went.

......you would think a local rag like the Birmingham Mail could ask him what his med/long term position is?.....the fans would like to know, what they are buying in to.

I have no clue why Lambert took this job if lerner is indeed going to sell up. It makes absolutely no sense at all.

i dont buy this. i often wondered it myself. Yes Villa are a bigger club but the potential is the same if we cant even compete with Norwich in the transfer market. IMO he was promised money once he got rid of the bomb squad or he was promised something that never happened. Either way he didnt come here to splash out 500k's on lower league players

• Like 1

i dont buy this. i often wondered it myself. Yes Villa are a bigger club but the potential is the same if we cant even compete with Norwich in the transfer market. IMO he was promised money once he got rid of the bomb squad or he was promised something that never happened. Either way he didnt come here to splash out 500k's on lower league players

But that is what he has done.

No one has told him which players to sign, they are all his picks.

Anyone know if we did get lower than 30th in richest clubs under Doug?

I doubt whether they had all those bullshit billy big time tables in Ellis's day.

That was when all we cared about was football, and the fact that Man Utd are shit wasn't national news.

They had the tables toward the end of Ellis' reign which you can google no doubt but football finance has changed so much in the last 10 - 15 years the relevance isn't really there also the figures this year don't favour Premier League clubs as our new TV deal is on next years list so you will see more Premier League in the top 30 next year.

long and short of it is who cares as long as our income always goes up year on year different clubs have different opportunities such as selling a big player ala Bale or Arsenal selling off their old ground, the list continues.

long and short of it is who cares as long as our income always goes up year on year

Well if our new plan is to spend what we can afford then I think we do need to concern ourselves with how others are doing.

And I'm sure risso said a few pages back that our revenue was down on previous years.

The thing is though, Lamberts stock was really high at Norwich. Had he stayed for another year and slightly progressed from the initial season, he would've been a candidate for jobs like Everton. I understand Villa have been a big club, but he's had very little spending power, so unless he was promised more in the future, I don't see why he took the job.

Relevance?
Just trying to see how much we've dropped off the field as well as on it.
Is it not only relevant to the opposition/ financial situations at the time? Therefore largely irrelevant in the discussion being had?

Relevance?
Just trying to see how much we've dropped off the field as well as on it.
Is it not only relevant to the opposition/ financial situations at the time? Therefore largely irrelevant in the discussion being had?

I think its very relevant. Not only are we falling behind other clubs on the pitch we're falling behind in terms of finances. Another example of how poor Lerner has been for the club and how difficult he's ownership will make the future.

More and more people saying we're going to be under new ownership soon enough. Fingers crossed if it does happen that they're rich, willing to spend, and not complete arseholes

Looking likely now.

Yep, all over Twitter.

Latest is that there is someone who is going to buy the business in the summer will buy a player in this window.

Sounds really plausible :)

• Like 1

This guy lol?

AVFC Transfer Tweet @AVFCTransTweet 14h

To clarify last nights tweet , a group are prepared to purchase a player on the proviso they buy the club close season #avfc

It was clear we were going to buy at least one player(Hoolahan) anyway.

Edited by Daniel

Â