The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Of course, I'd just rather we did it sustainably rather than throwing more money at the problem. The £90m, whichever way you look at it, is a positive move. There's just nothing negative about it :o

No I don't think it's a bad thing, I'm just saying that unless it has an impact on the team it's kind of a nothing thing.

Sustainability is fine but for me its another reason why Lerner has done damage to the long term competitiveness of this club.

Another alternative could be that this investment has provided us with a lift paving the way for a new owner to give us wings!

I think you got this right mate. I would not be surprised if a certain somebody has put this money up.

Could be interesting.

HH did say that Lerner was looking to sell up if the price is right - around £250m IIRC.

Would Lerner clearing off the debt signify himself cementing his position at the helm, or does it make the club a more saleable prospect?

Could it in fact be a new investor taking a stake in the club? I'm not sure if that would differ in the accounts if that were the case?

I'm pleased that Randy has done this. It is a positive step no matter how you look at it and no matter how he has run the club until this point.

With the club close to making a profit and debt cleared, we can focus on improving the club in a sustainable manner. Once the bomb squad is gone then that really will be  the end of the era of financial cut backs and hopefully the start of something better. 

Not sure if this has been posted

@KevonMiller85 @Vandersmith14 @longy11 @angelvicky2 my Mom's been told by s'one that works at Villa, that Lerner is selling club to Red Bull

RT @KingEightyOne: @proudvillan the personal loan RL gave villa expired so he has turned the amount owed at this point into shares « Spot on

I know the first bit is a little my uncles brothers nan kind of thing, the guy is even a baggies fan, but just seems to be passing on a bit of info, the second part can any one of the account guys say if that makes sense or not??

From reading the other tweets it seems that lerner will sell to red bull at the end of the season but he will still own some shares so he gets a take still.

It's hard to get too excited by this as we've been down the billionare road before and well....we are where we are.

Some of the anti-lerner, 'get the £ signs out' stuff is outrageous.

He gave o'neill the freedom to spend over £120 million in 4 seasons and in turn o'neill almost destroyed us by giving average players ridiculously high wages (delph for example from league 1 to over £40k a week?!?!?, bannan and delfonseuo on £20k a week ffs!!!) and over 90% of our income went on wages! Not sustainable.

Of course he had to cut the wage bill and the spending down to avoid us becoming another Portsmouth. Eventually within the next season or 2 we will be spending again now only 48% of our income goes on wages.

After all the spending randy has done not only on players but on improving the facilities of our club for players and fans alike, whilst keeping ticket prices low (in comparison to other clubs) then the criticism is bordering on disgraceful.

So how do you justify him sticking 2 fingers up to every single villa fan by appointing Mcleish? This IMO was an unforgivable act and total disrespect to the people that keep this club alive.

It's not the criticism that is bordering disgraceful it is Randy Lerner's actions that were disgraceful.

a baggies fan on twitter posting "my mom got told by someone at villa..." reliable source then

if we were being sold to red bull id bet there are maybe 2/3 at best who know about it, probably not even lambert

for start don't they put a transfer embargo on until the acquisition has gone through? 2nd week in jan obviously being a great time to buy a club then

a baggies fan on twitter posting "my mom got told by someone at villa..." reliable source then

if we were being sold to red bull id bet there are maybe 2/3 at best who know about it, probably not even lambert

for start don't they put a transfer embargo on until the acquisition has gone through? 2nd week in jan obviously being a great time to buy a club then

Yep.

Â