Paul Lambert

Pilchard

It's something we haven't managed for two years. Definitely something worth mentioning.

That just shows how bad we have got ( not something we should shout about )

With that sort of thinking the players will be doing a lap of honour every time we get a corner.

I really have no idea who or what exactly you're complaining about here. 

• Like 1

I am a big Lambert fan! He's made mistakes this season, but I think he'll be good for us long term.

However, here's an earworm...

Will there be a backlash against Randy/Lerner/Lambert if Southampton and Sunderland both now stay up having acted with the team in danger?

I am a big Lambert fan! He's made mistakes this season, but I think he'll be good for us long term.

However, here's an earworm...

Will there be a backlash against Randy/Lerner/Lambert if Southampton and Sunderland both now stay up having acted with the team in danger?

We've hit a bit of form after a bad patch in the Winter, whereas Sunderland haven't won in nearly 10 games I believe. Our players are clearly giving it their all, so if there was any backlash at all I think it'd be more towards Lerner/Faulkner and the financial backing aspect of things (but we've seen that all season anyway). I'm not really sure what more Lambert could be doing, and I'd say the majority of us would agree that he has signed decent players with a really tight budget.

If anything, I for one am really happy that Lerner didn't push the button.

I'm happy for Lerner to have not sacked Lambert. Lambert has made plenty of mistakes though and I hope he's learnt his lesson from them. If we do go down I wont blame Lambert completely, I was shocked with how little we brought in in January given the state we were in. We need to show complete unity to stay up now. And it seems Lambert has the players working for each other which is pleasing. 

Edited by PieFacE

QPR and Reading aside, what on Earth does he say to them at HT?

liverpool scored after 1 minute of the 2nd half so whatever he said wouldnt of mattered too much. 

next question?

Makes no difference. We were dire the entire second half and it's been a recurring theme all season.

No issues with Lambert today - thought his tactics and subs were fine. 

I'm sure some will blame him for Baker giving away a pen and Gabby not scoring a sitter though. 

I do still hold him directly responsible for the lack of experience in defense which cost us again today and countless times this season. 

liverpool scored after 1 minute of the 2nd half so whatever he said wouldnt of mattered too much. 

next question?

Makes no difference. We were dire the entire second half and it's been a recurring theme all season.

liverpool should of scored a couple in the 1st half and then when they took the lead in the 2nd half they controlled the game due to their experience and the fact that they are better footballers.  we lost to the better team.

us being dire this season is because our squad is full of shit players and players that need more experience.  do you honestly expect us to be able to play brilliantly every game for 90 minutes with our shit squad?

next question?

liverpool should of scored a couple in the 1st half and then when they took the lead in the 2nd half they controlled the game due to their experience and the fact that they are better footballers.  we lost to the better team.

us being dire this season is because our squad is full of shit players and players that need more experience.  do you honestly expect us to be able to play brilliantly every game for 90 minutes with our shit squad?

Of course I don't expect us to be brilliant all game every game, but the fact that we have constantly been shit in the second half all season is a bit concerning. I've lost count of the amount of times this season we've gone in to half-time playing really well and then we come out in the second half and for the rest of the game we're shit.

next question?

Of course I don't expect us to be brilliant all game every game, but the fact that we have constantly been shit in the second half all season is a bit concerning. I've lost count of the amount of times this season we've gone in to half-time playing really well and then we come out in the second half and for the rest of the game we're shit.

young inexperienced players explains it.  when the pressure is on they more often than not buckle.

next question?

young inexperienced players explains it.  when the pressure is on they more often than not buckle.

And who is it that bought so many young inexperienced players/pushed the experienced players out?

Not that I disagree with Lambert's approach completely, but he didn't get the right balance.

To be fair you could look at it & easily say he has bought badly blah blah blah but surely with the incredible number of players we were short & the ridiculously small budget he had to sort this out he simply did the best he could?.. The main problem is the continued hangover from the MON era but i am not going down that well over trodden road.,, Just to say he has now done similar at Sunderland & been sacked so enough said.

The only thing in question for me is how a different manager would have coped under such impossible restrictions... Lets say we had the same squad... Would any manager have been able to do better with it?.. If the answer is yes then that's a different matter.

The main problem is the continued hangover from the MON era but i am not going down that well over trodden road.,, Just to say he has now done similar at Sunderland & been sacked so enough said

You might want to go and look at how much money we've spent since MoN left, how much money in compensation we've paid out and the kind of wages and contracts we've offered in the time after MON left.