Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Bennett thing is interesting. Lambert seems to be always comforting them after a mistake which is good to see but if he did give Bennett a bollocking I would say he can get fiery as well and probably Bennett has had it coming for a while

Interesting stuff about Joe Bennet there.

I'm not sure I'd back the tactic of laying into a young player after he's made a mistake. But as Nursey says, it seemed to do the trick in that game at least!

I'm not sure I'd back the tactic of laying into a young player after he's made a mistake. But as Nursey says, it seemed to do the trick in that game at least!

I think the trick is knowing who responds to what.

Some players need a roasting, some need an arm around their shoulder. Seems like Lambert got it right with Bennett.

• Like 1

I think the trick is knowing who responds to what.

Some players need a roasting, some need an arm around their shoulder. Seems like Lambert got it right with Bennett.

I think it is even more complex than that. All players will benefit from both a bollocking or a bit of encouragement at sometime or another. The tricky part is knowing which tactic to apply in any given situation. 

The article starts of with "Aston Villa's home win over QPR last time out was the first time in over two years the club had won successive Premier League games."

FFS.Our 2 sucessive games were against the two bottom teams in the division.The reason these teams are 19th and 20th is because EVERYONE is beating them.This article makes it sound like we did something special by beating the 2 bottom teams.

The article starts of with "Aston Villa's home win over QPR last time out was the first time in over two years the club had won successive Premier League games."

FFS.Our 2 sucessive games were against the two bottom teams in the division.The reason these teams are 19th and 20th is because EVERYONE is beating them.This article makes it sound like we did something special by beating the 2 bottom teams.

Heaven forbid anyone ever tries to be positive about anything.

I am trying to be positive.

How many other clubs would bother writing about beating the bottom 2 clubs ?!

Every other club that hadn't won two games in a row for 2 years would write about it. It just shows the level we are at when beating the two worst teams in the division is a massive achievement for us, sadly that's where we are.

1. It's the Mirror, not the club

B. It's not ABOUT beating the bottom two clubs, it's about our game vs Liverpool. It just happens to mention our previous two results in the article.

iii. The first time the article becomes positive is stating that it owuld be progress IF we beat Liverpool. The 2 wins in a row thing was just stating a fact

Fourthly, How are you trying to be positive by putting a negative spin on our first back to back wins in over 2 years?

B. It's not ABOUT beating the bottom two clubs, it's about our game vs Liverpool. It just happens to mention our previous two results in the article.

iii. The first time the article becomes positive is stating that it owuld be progress IF we beat Liverpool. The 2 wins in a row thing was just stating a fact

Fourthly, How are you trying to be positive by putting a negative spin on our first back to back wins in over 2 years?

I am trying to be positive by pointing out who our last 2 wins were against.

FFS, lets not get carried away here till AFTER the Liverpool game.

I don't see how that is trying to be positive?

And nobody is getting carried away. Quite the opposite if anything.

I don't see how that is trying to be positive?

And nobody is getting carried away. Quite the opposite if anything.

I am trying to be positive by putting those 2 wins into perspective ?!

It's something we haven't managed for two years. Definitely something worth mentioning.

That just shows how bad we have got ( not something we should shout about )

With that sort of thinking the players will be doing a lap of honour every time we get a corner.

It's something we haven't managed for two years. Definitely something worth mentioning.

That just shows how bad we have got ( not something we should shout about )

With that sort of thinking the players will be doing a lap of honour every time we get a corner.

We are not shouting about it. It's a newspaper article thats mentioning it.

We are called Aston Villa .... not the Mirror.