Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Get behind Lambert? No thanks. I won't be chanting for him to go or anything as that will just have an adverse effect on the players but quite frankly he doesn't deserve our support. Incredibly shit manager.

Hi Mantis,

probably off topic this, so sorry for that, and this is not a dig... honest.

To reflect your current feelings for the manager and the club in general, do you intend to update your signature? Seems we didn't wake up from our nightmare after all...

I'm not trying to be clever...

UTV :-/

Ask Kendrick - Lambert was always doing the press conference. Press never told anything different

How do you know this?

Funny how none of the other "journo's" disputed this - people like Pat Murphy etc

Better strike rate than the man he replaced - who signed four players on big money who Lambert can't get rid of - Nzogbia, Given, Hutton and Warnock! At least a couple of the guys he signed can be sold on for a profit now when was the last time that happened?

John, you also have to remember the wage situation. It would be interesting to know the total weekly wages for his signings compared to the four players I've mentioned - think you'll find the combined total of the players he signed in the summer is less than half of what they four or one - that is also a factor!

How long have you been involved with Villa, "Hairyhands"? You don't appear to know which managers bought which players over the past 5 seasons. Warnock, bought by a chap called O'Neill, I believe, but maybe before your time?

Might just comment that if Lambert's approach is "here are players I need to get rid of'", he is hardly likely to have much success in marketing them to potential buyers, is he?

Had a quick read at that plonker Mat Kendrick's twitter page and he is still debating the reasons why Lambert isn't doing the press today - even although he is. This is part of the problem - there are to many people only too happy to try and mix things up.

For me, the best three players for Villa this season have been Benteke, Westwood and Guzan. (Strange that two are Lambert's signings and the other he made a decision to keep at the club). Vlaar, I'm sure most would agree, has looked pretty decent when he has been available but one of the biggest problems at Villa is that there is a dressing room packed with players who have spent the last few years underachieving and show not a great deal of interest in trying to change that. 

Villa wouldn't start progressing properly until the likes of Ireland, Nzgobia and Bent are finally shown the door and release up massive amounts of wages. Then, and only then, will things gather momentum. In the meantime, it is simply about trying to pick up as many points as possible to stay in the division. All the teams around us have been spending money and it would have made sense, having watched him sign some good players, to give him some more money to work with but it is now a case of digging in with what we've got.

Had another look at the table this morning and can see one or two other clubs being sucked into this, such as Norwich. There is only five or six points between quite a number of clubs.

'Hairyhands' would you not agree that with the penny finally dropping with Lambert that N'Zogbia needs to be played in his Wigan role to get the best out of him that N'Zogbia might now be a player Lambert wants to keep?

Ask Kendrick - Lambert was always doing the press conference. Press never told anything different

No, the press were initially told it was Vlaar.

I wouldn't read too much into it all. Normally the pressers at BMH are on a Friday - perhaps the fact this was on a Thursday didn't fit into schedules etc.

Detect Lambert more inclined than ever to stick to his guns\policy post successful USA trip , with CEO Faulkner, to see #AVFC owner Lerner

Both Lambert's camp & #AVFC tell me Lambert, Faulkner & Lerner all getting on well with same vision so a sacking not on cards

Looks like he's here for the season. Let's get behind him.

I wonder if they will ever let us in on what this "vision" is.

At the moment it looks remarkably like downsizing the club so it is regularly competitive at Championship level.

How long have you been involved with Villa, "Hairyhands"? You don't appear to know which managers bought which players over the past 5 seasons. Warnock, bought by a chap called O'Neill, I believe, but maybe before your time?

Might just comment that if Lambert's approach is "here are players I need to get rid of'", he is hardly likely to have much success in marketing them to potential buyers, is he?

From what he's posted so far I'd be pretty certain the HH's contact is with Lambert rather than Villa

and I'm sure "here are the players I need to get rid of" is shorthand used on an internet forum rather than the sales pitch used to potential buyers