Paul Lambert

Pilchard

What would that do for confidence though?

And none of us know whether he doesn't give them a rollicking in the dressing room, granted it hasn't been entirely successful but I imagine, and it is only a guess, that some of these players are not doing what they're told and that's the biggest issue we need to address.

Sometimes they need to be protected, sometimes they need to be blasted. They've been overly protected from Lambert for months now and the results are there for all to see.

At the end of the day the players need to start realising that they are in a relegation fight because at the moment it seems this fact seems to be eluding them. All teams around us other than Newcastle are picking up massive points against strong opposition. We are the pussycats of the bunch and a public rollicking to galvanize the players could be exactly what is needed. Look at Harry and QPR - he's done it and the team are benefiting.

Sometimes they need to be protected, sometimes they need to be blasted. They've been overly protected from Lambert for months now and the results are there for all to see.

At the end of the day the players need to start realising that they are in a relegation fight because at the moment it seems this fact seems to be eluding them. All teams around us other than Newcastle are picking up massive points against strong opposition. We are the pussycats of the bunch and a public rollicking to galvanize the players could be exactly what is needed. Look at Harry and QPR - he's done it and the team are benefiting.

You're right, it is a tactic, giving the a public dressing down, that he hasn't tried yet and who knows it may work. But it may only work on certain players, and whilst I'd agree those would be the players we need and we should get rid of the rest, our squad options are not vast and we need all the players on side,

I just worry that if he is telling them in private that they need to massively up their game and the fact is still eluding them, what does that mean?

Plus they shouldn't need anyone to tell them, the results are blatant evidence for this, maybe some of these players just don't have the quality, but that goes back to being unable to get rid of all of them and having to keep them on side.

It's a hugely precarious and difficult situation. I'm not saying you're wrong, I agree with you that they need a huge kick up the bottom, I just don't know how some of them would react to it. I'd rather keep them 'content' and ship them out as soon as we can.

But like you've written, the time is now and some of these players don't seem to realise this and they need to so whatever method let's them know is the right one.

2 of the subs where down to injuries so Lambert could do nothing about them, Delph could of played on but with no Westwood and El Ahmadi for Tuesday we need him, Also we have 4 games in 10 games and we need N'Zogbia fit for all of them, he has just come back from a long lay off.

As a manager, you get judged on the players you buy, and what you do with the players you have inherited.

For me, yday proved 2 points.PL is a good manager, and the "academy" players aren't quite good enough.

Benteke, is as good a foward as i've seen at VP, and he cost £7m, absolute bargain.On top of that Westwood looks a very prospect, what a pass for the 2nd goal, and Ron Vlaar looks a snip at £3m.Bennett will prove to be a bargain, and Lowton, will be at the least , a good squad player.So that's HIS signings.

N'Zog, had probably his best game yday, playing as a floating player behind Benteke, and has shown a good attitude since coming back.good management, or coincidence?

Gabby has shown hes a good squad player at the least, Weimann has developed into a 1st teamer.Guzan has been given a chance, and his performances have justified it, again good management.

We are not far off.

• Like 1

Bannan is sit.

Bennett is shit.

Zog is shit, oh he's not actually shit.

Delph is shit, oh he's not actually shit.

Lambert knows what he's doing, players needs time and are not always going to be brilliant.

Zog for example was apparently shit full stop. But he has been improving a lot recently, Gabby too.

They done that on their own or managed correctly...

Think they're is very few who actually know how things inside bodymoor Heath and B6.

One thing we all know and Lambert knows is that we're in need of reinforcements and have a number of players not good enough or/and not working hard enough for the shirt. His hands seem tied until we can shift some more of this deadwood. It may eventually cost us our place in the premier league.

Lambert has made one pointless signing - El Ahmadi... he's not a bad player but he's the wrong kind of player, and the budget should not have been blown on him.

In addition to El Ahmadi we have Ireland and Bannan. That's three playmakers.

Three playmakers in the squad but only one proper defensive midfielder - Herd. Westwood and Delph are not defensive midfielders.

I'm guessing Lambert didn't realise how good Bannan was, so he bought El Ahmadi because he thought he needed back-up for Ireland.

Maybe he thought he would be allowedto sign a defensive mid in the January transfer window.

Bannan isn't shit and he gives good value for money. How many of our other midfielders are on c£12k a week?

He's featured in our every winning game in PL, is best crosser in PL and has created most chances for our team than any other Villa player.

Bannan has been played in preference to both Ireland and El Ahamdi by Lambert.

He's not a good defensive player though and right now while we are conceding Lambert appears to be going conservative with Westwood and Delph, which worked with N'Zog and Agbonlahor on the counter-attack in the first half yesterday, but failed at home to Soton when we needed Bannan.

Statistically he is.

Well pre Baggies. Not sure on current stats.

Yes, I know. Although even that's bullshit. There is no statistic for "best". If he was the best, he would occasionally make a telling contribution to a match.

I watch him, I know he's not a good crosser.