Paul Lambert

Pilchard

VillaCas - Are you Paul Lambert??

Seriously, your support for him is admirable but we don't have 18-24 months to sort this. In 24 months, at the current rate, we'll be in a relegation fight - in the Championship.

He did inherit a poor squad but not a squad that gets stuffed 8-0, 4-0, 3-0 in consecutive games. I can except the Chelsea result can happen to any team and possibly the Spurs result but to get hammered at home by Wigan is totally unacceptable.

Also, how can you come on here and say he's a top 10 manager?? Where is there any proof of that? One season he's had in the Premiership and he finished 12th. Yes, that's an achievement for Norwich but the Premier League has been poor for 2-3 years now so not like it was that hard last season.

So, no proof what-so-ever that he is a 'top 10 manager'. He is a manager who guided a club back into the big time. A club that had been in the Prem before and in Europe before. Why did he not stay at Norwich if he has that much belief in his own ability and kick them on? He jumped at the first oppurtunity and it's biting him on the ass big time.

If we lose to Southampton, which considering what I've witnessed since mid-December is more likely to happen than not, I expect him to quit. If you give him 'time' he will just pack the squad full of players like Bennett, Westwood, Bowery and take us down. And if anyone is under the illusion that if we go out the Prem we'll be staright back, then they need to take a reality check.

One other thing to add. His brand of Football.

Gregory was attacking. Houllier played possession football. Mcleish was defensive.

What exactly is Lambert's? It's not defensive as our goals against shows. It's not attacking as our goals for shows. It's not possession, as I don't class possession football as making 12-15 passes in and around your own half before ultimately either hoofing it hopefully forward or giving it away.

There is not one positive aspect to the way we play. We don't score and we concede 2 or 3 more often than not. For that alone, he is clueless and needs to leave.

There has to be serious questions asked about his ability to motivate the players. Semi final of a cup last night and we were lacklustre at best. An 8-0 mauling by Chelsea didn't lead to a reaction it just led to us being battered by Spurs and Wigan. This manager needs to start earning his money because right now it looks like he's out of his depth.

If Lambert, who make no mistake is a top ten manager, isn't given sufficient time to turn things around, we are in serious, serious trouble

I find it amazing that Lambert has tumbled from being a top four manager, the best young manager of our generation, to now a top ten manager.

You didn't say the first two descriptions 'VillaCas' but is Lamberts fall from grace just expectations dampened a little or is the realization now hitting people that he just isn't very good at all and i wonder where those expectations will end. Will it be exceptable then to say yeah he relegated us but he's a top four Championship manager?

I remember when we lost to Chelsea and Spurs and people defended Lambert by telling us how much the Chelsea team and spurs team cost to put together.

The Bradford team that humiliated us last night cost £7,500.

:mrgreen:

Can't be much more damning than that!

Because McCarthy, Sven, Curbs etc are not of thye calibre of Lambert.

If Lambert, who make no mistake is a top ten manager, isn't given sufficient time to turn things around, we are in serious, serious trouble

The petulant children who post on here need to grow a pair and strap in for an 18-24 month roller-coaster ride

Oh right, And how is the worlds top 10 manager getting on with the villa?..

What i find a bit of a concern is that the style Lambert appears to be trying to incorporate, which appears to be something he picked up from his time under Hitzfield in Germany maybe, needs good players to make it work. Lets face it look at the players he played with in Germany.. that was a team packed with top players. Then if you look at his time at Celtic & compare the opposition up there to the Prem & a few things become apparant. So maybe the theory is good & could be great... But you need darn good players to make it work right?.... One thing we desperately lack by the looks of it is good players.

So to Saturday & Southampton... I fear for us. Their forward line is 10 times the force that Bradfords is & we already of course have history against them with ..& thats with Vlaar playing!. Our only chance is a high scoring encounter which we edge in my book as i really cannot see them scoring less than 2/3 goals... Sad times when we need to be looking at 3 to 4 goals just to ensure draws!

Edited by danceoftheshamen

I remember when we lost to Chelsea and Spurs and people defended Lambert by telling us how much the Chelsea team and spurs team cost to put together.

Also the Bradford average age was approximately 21 years old. So much for our Kid's eh!

Also the Bradford average age was approximately 21 years old. So much for our Kid's eh!

Oh right, And how is the worlds top 10 manager getting on with the villa?..

The WORLD's top 10 Manager?

Baker and Clark should be our emergency CBs, because they are not good enough to play week in week out.

You seem to have trouble understanding the difference between back-up CBs and emergency CBs

I find it amazing that Lambert has tumbled from being a top four manager, the best young manager of our generation, to now a top ten manager.

You didn't say the first two descriptions 'VillaCas' but is Lamberts fall from grace just expectations dampened a little or is the realization now hitting people that he just isn't very good at all and i wonder where those expectations will end. Will it be exceptable then to say yeah he relegated us but he's a top four Championship manager?

IMO he is one of the top 10 managers operating in the premiership. Given time he will prove that.

I don't beleive he is either a top 4 manager or the best young manager of our generation - if he were he wouldnt be at Villa.

VillaCas - Are you Paul Lambert??

Seriously, your support for him is admirable but we don't have 18-24 months to sort this. In 24 months, at the current rate, we'll be in a relegation fight - in the Championship.

He did inherit a poor squad but not a squad that gets stuffed 8-0, 4-0, 3-0 in consecutive games. I can except the Chelsea result can happen to any team and possibly the Spurs result but to get hammered at home by Wigan is totally unacceptable.

Also, how can you come on here and say he's a top 10 manager?? Where is there any proof of that? One season he's had in the Premiership and he finished 12th. Yes, that's an achievement for Norwich but the Premier League has been poor for 2-3 years now so not like it was that hard last season.

So, no proof what-so-ever that he is a 'top 10 manager'. He is a manager who guided a club back into the big time. A club that had been in the Prem before and in Europe before. Why did he not stay at Norwich if he has that much belief in his own ability and kick them on? He jumped at the first oppurtunity and it's biting him on the ass big time.

If we lose to Southampton, which considering what I've witnessed since mid-December is more likely to happen than not, I expect him to quit. If you give him 'time' he will just pack the squad full of players like Bennett, Westwood, Bowery and take us down. And if anyone is under the illusion that if we go out the Prem we'll be staright back, then they need to take a reality check.

I think he is a top 10 manager. Thats my opinion

So you're in charge of Villa - you sack Lambert, who will you appoint? Steve Bruce? Curbishley?

Jose Mourinho could'nt have turned round the disaster PL inherited in one window

Well we have to give him time to find out. To be honest, I am with him all the way - I don't really see any alternative.

In fact, I am behind him even if we get relegated, to give him the chance to 'burn it clean', get rid of all the deadwood and start again.

People talk about the extra £20 million TV money - well, we've got god knows how many millions of pounds being wasted on overpaid, undermotivated players. Let's clean it all up and start again.

Well we have to give him time to find out. To be honest, I am with him all the way - I don't really see any alternative.

In fact, I am behind him even if we get relegated, to give him the chance to 'burn it clean', get rid of all the deadwood and start again.

People talk about the extra £20 million TV money - well, we've got god knows how many millions of pounds being wasted on overpaid, undermotivated players. Let's clean it all up and start again.

We will already get rid of Warnock and Dunne at the end of this season. What if we cannot find anyone to take Bent, Ireland, N'Zogbia, Given, Hutton & Gabby off our hands and we end up with those big earners sat in the stands all next season whilst we're playing Championship football. What then?

Lerner has a massive decision to make in January. Give Lambert a lot of money to bring in 4-5 players who can hit the ground running, or, hold on to his cash and hope for the best. Trouble is, he gave £20m to Lambert last summer and look where that investment got us so far! Our shit team might just make Lerner think again about giving Lambert money.

If they are here and earning big money, Lambert and Co need to find a way of getting them onto the pitch and earning it.

Bruce would have us more organised

No he really wouldnt. Neither would many managers. Take your pick - they wont make a difference.

Are people really suggesting that Houllier, Mcleish and Lambert are ALL this abysmal??

You seem to have trouble understanding the difference between back-up CBs and emergency CBs

You seem to have cooked up a worthless distinction in order to avoid addressing the fact that our CBs aren't good enough and Lambert didn't replace our outgoing ones.

No he really wouldnt. Neither would many managers. Take your pick - they wont make a difference.

Are people really suggesting that Houllier, Mcleish and Lambert are ALL this abysmal??

GMAC had us 9th - success

Mcleish kept us up - success

Lambert taking us down