Paul Lambert

Pilchard

No point sacking Lambert. No manager could do much with the squad we have especially with current injuries. I still don't agree with isolating Warnock and Hutton and selling Collins just to win over fans.. They may be shit but they are better than the current alternatives.

Is this the squad that Lambert assembled by any chance?

Maybe they wouldn't be an answer but they kept us up last year and that is all we need right now. If we were able to sell them in the summer id understand. As for Collins he may have the odd error but he is a better centre half than Clarke.

They were part of the reason why we were down there in the first place.

I don't think Collins is better than Clark but he's better than Herd at CB.

• Like 1

We are going down; down, down, down...

I think we will win it first time round and only lose like 3 games all season. We will win with like 108 points, be top goalscorers and be the cream of the second tier crop. Hopefully we won't sign players like Nugent to help us out.

They were part of the reason why we were down there in the first place.

I don't think Collins is better than Clark but he's better than Herd at CB.

If they were part of the reason we were down there why are we in an even worse position now than this time last season? I know you will point to the second half of last season being as bad as the first half of this season but the fact is those players kept us up. If we go down Lambert has made a mistake isolating them. If we stay up then he made the right call.

I now it's not a simple as that but dropping/selling those players without adequate replacements was a massive call and will be questioned whether you agree or not.

If they were part of the reason we were down there why are we in an even worse position now than this time last season? I know you will point to the second half of last season being as bad as the first half of this season but the fact is those players kept us up. If we go down Lambert has made a mistake isolating them. If we stay up then he made the right call.

I now it's not a simple as that but dropping/selling those players without adequate replacements was a massive call and will be questioned whether you agree or not.

Because there are a number of different factors involved this season. Yet another change in manager, massive overhaul etc.

No they didn't keep us up. Players like Petrov and Given kept us up. Players like Hutton and Warnock are partly why we were down there in the first place.

Not hoping Mike, there are three worse teams !

Mike I said in the summer we were in for a rocky ride, that we would be in a struggle through to February / march when I expected the new team that lamber put together to gel more and get better results. I also expected business in January to help that process and I still do.

It's been ver rocky recently, more downs than ups but I still think lambert is the right manager for us.

He does need backing though, lets see what January brings.

Richard

Obviously there are at this moment three worse teams. However IMO at least one or more of them can improve & overtake us. AVFC's squad is pitiful and without major investment in January, I can see us continuing to decline.

Even then I do not think he will be able to attract sufficient quality or experience and that his & Lerners gamble has backfired. We are already being run as a Championsip club on so many levels.

It is easy to point the finger and I do not do so lightly, as I also favoured Lambert's appointment and will continue to support the team & him at VP.. However he accepted whatever limitations were placed on him by Lerner, signed the players, and determines the tactics. He as manager is responsible for the current position.

Your comment "...that we would be in a struggle through to February / march when I expected the new team that lamber put together to gel more and get better results." Is sadly wishful thinking with little merit. :-(

We hopefully will not be relegated but the odds have shortened dramatically.

We'd be much more solid with Cuellar and Collins at centre half, not that they were great.

This side wouldn't get close to winning the Championship, too lightweight and no backbone. Thanks a flipping bunch Randy/Paul (Faulkner).

Got to say the interview on WM Lambert sounded like a beaten man - The WM commentator interpreted what he was saying, was that he won't be buying expienced players in Jan.

Tonight in the mail - a hint that something is in the offing:-

"I understand the reaction of the fans. I can see that, I just have to keep the belief that Aston Villa will be fine.

]“I will discuss it with the chairman, but what I have to say will remain private"

Could he possibly think the job his not doable and walk with his reputation intact - a distinct possibility I think.

Edited by smetrov

Got to say the interview on WM Lambert sounded like a beaten man - The WM commentator interpreted what he was saying, was that he won't be buying expienced players in Jan.

Tonight in the mail - a hint that something is in the offing:-

"I understand the reaction of the fans. I can see that, I just have to keep the belief that Aston Villa will be fine.

]“I will discuss it with the chairman, but what I have to say will remain private"

Could he possibly think the job his not doable and walk with his reputation intact - a distinct possibility I think.

Bollock mate, clutching at straws.

He's here for the long haul.

Bollock mate, clutching at straws.

He's here for the long haul.

I m just saying what he said. I hope he signs some experience in Jan, and hope he can take it from there.

However he is 13/8 fav to be the next prem manager to leave.