Paul Lambert

Pilchard

So you admit to criticizing other people's posts. At least we got that straight.

As for accusing me of insulting you or point scoring i guess thats the most hypocritical comment from you so far especially when you have also tried to doctor posts to suit your own debate.

My answer to your post is there for all to see and it answered you question directly.

He didn't doctor your post. GIVE IT A **** REST!

We were great. It was a terrific game to watch and Arsenal were tired from the Champion's League but still played to a reasonable high tempo and passed the ball around intricately, maybe too much at times, as sometimes they passed the ball out of play. But our young and inexperienced side still deserve to be commended for keeping their concentration for a full ninety minutes in difficult weather conditions. By the way, since this thread is about him, I love Paul Lambert. He's much better than the current QPR manager.

Relax. No one is doctoring your posts Morpheus.

• Like 1

In the run up to the game people were predicting that Arsenal would tear us a new one, that Lambert could not do defensive tactics etc etc etc. Now we have not lost, not conceeded then Arsenal weren't that good?

• Like 2

In the run up to the game people were predicting that Arsenal would tear us a new one, that Lambert could not do defensive tactics etc etc etc. Now we have not lost, not conceeded then Arsenal weren't that good?

Especially against an Arsenal Side that Beat Spurs 5-2 the week before.

I'm afraid he did and I proved it so why don't you give it a **** rest!

I'd genuinely like to see this proof. Because from what I saw, everytime Mantis asked you what you meant you just said something like "you know what you did, I don't have to show you"

Which basically translates as "you didn't do anything but I'd like to keep this argumen going"

What did you expect?

I'm just surprised the "Lambert wasn't on the touchline which is why we were good" line hasn't been trotted out.

The transformation of old Richard into an IanRobo clone in the space of a couple of months is mind-boggling :)

Arsenal were not that great on the day. I think it was a combination of us playing reasonablly well and Arsenal playing below par. I thought everyone played okay, KEA was iffy and we didnt really create any clear cut chances. Defensivley a better performance, attacking wise not so good given Arsenal are usually quite shit at the back

The transformation of old Richard into an IanRobo clone in the space of a couple of months is mind-boggling :)

Indeed. I could've sworn what we are seeing under Lambert was similar to what Houllier was trying to do - only Houllier had better match results and started some 6 games in. Why the change of heart, Richard?

How very dare you.

I still think we can do an awful lot better than Lerner. I just think Lambert is the dogs danglies

Indeed. I could've sworn what we are seeing under Lambert was similar to what Houllier was trying to do - only Houllier had better match results and started some 6 games in. Why the change of heart, Richard?

Houllier was shite, did not respect the club, the players did not respect him and he was always going to have "health issues". I also do not believe the hype about him employing a "total football" or similar approach to the way we were playing.

In addition I might just add that he followed on from a very good manager and a period of time that it looked as though we may just challenge for honours. The departure of the previous manager, the appointment of Houllier (and subsequently Mcduff) proved that that was not the case.

The, quite frankly breathtakingly brilliant, Lambert and his approach to how we achieve something at Villa has utterly transformed my outlook on the club, if not the owner. Having also spent some time in the company of Lambert last month, it is hard not to be blown away and impressed by the man.