Paul Lambert

Pilchard

You're right, the table doesn't lie... for a full season. Or maybe even half a season.

However, after 10 games, the table certainly can lie.

Will West Ham finish 6th? Will West Brom finish 5th?

You're right, the table doesn't lie... for a full season. Or maybe even half a season.

However, after 10 games, the table certainly can lie.

Will West Ham finish 6th? Will West Brom finish 5th?

The table doesn't lie on current form does it. What else do we go on then, the feckin stars!

Morpheus, it isn't a fair reflection at the moment because not everyone has played each other once. You could actually just watch the games, and try and see how the team is playing, the type of football they are playing, the fact that they are a young team, and generally getting better as a team, Show some patience.

Funny how when other teams around play well and show signs of improvement that's used as something to justify negativity with regards to Villa yet when we play well and show improvement it's "the table doesn't lie".

In other words, if a performance can be used to justify negativity then the performance is relevant. If a performance can be used to justify positivity it's irrelevant and points are all that matter.

• Like 2

Funny how when other teams around play well and show signs of improvement that's used as something to justify negativity with regards to Villa yet when we play well and show improvement it's "the table doesn't lie".

In other words, if a performance can be used to justify negativity then the performance is relevant. If a performance can be used to justify positivity it's irrelevant and points are all that matter.

Ok simple question. If our performances improve but not to a level where we achieve enough points to stop us from being relegated will you still be happy that Lambert has done his job properly. You keep banging on about performances yet we are still fourth from bottom. Is performance level more important to you than actual points?

The two are intrinsic. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to know performances will ultimately yield results. Our recent performances have shown a marked improvement. If that standard is maintained, the results will come.

• Like 1

Ok simple question. If our performances improve but not to a level where we achieve enough points to stop us from being relegated will you still be happy that Lambert has done his job properly. You keep banging on about performances yet we are still fourth from bottom. Is performance level more important to you than actual points?

It's nowhere near the end of the season yet though and as Gareth said, results come with performances.

We lost to United, but I felt I saw a decent performance and got value for money. That's all I ask for as a paying customer. Of course, I would always love to see Villa win. We don't seem capable of winning ugly, last season told me that.

Before the start of the game against United, I expected nothing. If you'd have offered me a 3-2 defeat before the game, I would have taken it. I mean, we always get beat by them - but please, let it not be a stuffing.

So, I enjoyed watching us give them a good go, and taking a two goal lead. But even then, given history, you just knew how it was going to end, and so it ended that way. This time it wasn't Van Nistelpiss and Keane though. Yes, it was a disappointing result given the way the match went, but I didn't feel robbed of my money and passion, like I did in the corresponding fixture last season with that muppet in charge.

If the performances and fight are there, but the results didn't manage to keep us up - for me, that is a sign that the club have failed, not the manager. He can only do so much with the players around him. Part of me thinks this club is being 'cloth cut' for life in the Championship within the next couple of seasons. It's just how I see it. Hell, we don't even put soap in the bogs...

Look ahead, in 10 years time, where do you see us? There's more chance of us being in League 1, than there is of us breaking into the top 4... That, isn't Lambert's fault. Not entirely.

On the subject of the United game, if anyone listens to Football Weekly, there was an amusing story told on there by Barney Ronay (it would have been annoying if it weren't true!)

He basically said that he was in the press box at VP on Saturday. He said that usually if you're in a press box and a team comes from 2-0 down to win 3-2, everyone is really pissed off because they all have to rewrite their match reports that they've been typing up during the game.

But he said on Saturday, everyone was quite pleased with the result.

As I said, if it wasn't something we all agreed with, I'd be quite annoyed :D

On the subject of the United game, if anyone listens to Football Weekly, there was an amusing story told on there by Barney Ronay (it would have been annoying if it weren't true!)

He basically said that he was in the press box at VP on Saturday. He said that usually if you're in a press box and a team comes from 2-0 down to win 3-2, everyone is really pissed off because they all have to rewrite their match reports that they've been typing up during the game.

But he said on Saturday, everyone was quite pleased with the result.

As I said, if it wasn't something we all agreed with, I'd be quite annoyed :D

Didn't one of them also say that during half-time referee told Ireland to stop pressing and harrashing Scholes or he'll book him and they couldn't understand why the referee did that?