Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Considering we have a new manager, with a new style and a new approach to the game, 8 new players and an all in all inexperienced squad with a fair few player sthat I guess lacked in confidence at the beginning of the season due to the last season, I think we're doing pretty well. Sure we'va had some shockers and we have pointwise had our worst start for so many years, but I didn't expect much more, really. Maybe a few more points. The games against so'ton and norwich were really shockingly bad. But still, we need to improve but I'm quite sure we will do that and it'll be enough to stay up. And after that I think we'll only get better.

Of course it can go the other way to, but I don't think it will.

I think it's funny to hear that some fans wants Westwood to play from start against united after this game, when he was labelled one of our worst players after the so'ton game. I wouldn't mind him getting the nod, but it's still one game. One very good game, but still one game. And that's not me saying he won't be good enough or anything, just trying to keep my head levelled. I think Benteke's already had three turns. First he was great, then he was shocking and labelled money wasted, and now he's great again. All in a space of, what?, 8-9 games? :)

Fantastic isn't it? :P

Considering we have a new manager, with a new style and a new approach to the game, 8 new players and an all in all inexperienced squad with a fair few player sthat I guess lacked in confidence at the beginning of the season due to the last season, I think we're doing pretty well. Sure we'va had some shockers and we have pointwise had our worst start for so many years, but I didn't expect much more, really. Maybe a few more points. The games against so'ton and norwich were really shockingly bad. But still, we need to improve but I'm quite sure we will do that and it'll be enough to stay up. And after that I think we'll only get better.

Of course it can go the other way to, but I don't think it will.

I think it's funny to hear that some fans wants Westwood to play from start against united after this game, when he was labelled one of our worst players after the so'ton game. I wouldn't mind him getting the nod, but it's still one game. One very good game, but still one game. And that's not me saying he won't be good enough or anything, just trying to keep my head levelled. I think Benteke's already had three turns. First he was great, then he was shocking and labelled money wasted, and now he's great again. All in a space of, what?, 8-9 games? :)

Exactly this, I don't think there's another team in PL who's had as many new players thrown into the first team almost instantly. We also haven't had any playing style played more than season. First going from MON's counter-attack style to Houllier's tippytappy passing game, then to the TSM's horrible hoofball and now again changed to the Lambert's style so I'm not surprised that some games have been very bad.

Lambert is obviously still tinkering and figuring out which combination of players works well together, Delph and KEA were obviously too similar so that didn't work thus he won't probably play them together again unless he really has to.

He needs to buy creative and attacking midfielder though since N'Zogbia obviously won't fit the role of playmaker or link-up between the attack and midfield (the part Ireland seemed to play against Sunderland), he could be good "second striker"-type of player though if he can get his form back.

Ireland gets lot of slack for some reason, probably due high expectations that he should do something exceptional but he is important link between strikers and midfield.

Edit: He needs to buy someone to rotate with Ireland since if he gets injured we don't have anyone else to play that role, maybe with exception of Bannan.

Anothe rnice thing about Saturday. Our best performers, imo, were the new signings in the team.

Benteke Westwoood and Vlaar were all excellent. I think Clark is the only player who wasn't signed by Lambert who could be considered to have done better than either of those three.

Anothe rnice thing about Saturday. Our best performers, imo, were the new signings in the team.

Benteke Westwoood and Vlaar were all excellent. I think Clark is the only player who wasn't signed by Lambert who could be considered to have done better than either of those three.

I'd say Bannan, but apart from that I agree. Would like to put Guzan in there too, but he didn't have to do much, did he? But what he had to do, he did well. But, Bannan.

And @Jaroie:

It seems to me that we're in agreement. :)

Surely N'Zog could do a job playing in the same formation instead of Wiemann? Maybe I'm still just clutching at straws that that £10m + wages wasn't a complete waste of money. I like Wiemann but that's clearly not his best position and he really should have scored after that lovely move. Going 2-0 up might have prevented me from almost having a heart attack in the last 10 minutes again.

One thing I really like with Lambert is that I think that almost every player thinks they stand a chance to earn a place in the starting line up. And almost every player in the starting line up knows that there are others who might replace them if they don't play well enough. I'm sure he has his favourites, but not in the same way as the previous managers did. I hope he finds his preferred line up soon enough, if he has one, but for now I think the competition among the players is healthy.

Its gone all positive at the moment with two wins in a row and why not. But i wonder if the optimism is a little premature. We are still in the bottom four with some very hard games coming up and we could end up being in the bottom three.

I have seen the 'in Lambert we trust' comment again and all thats very well and good but lets just see if he can earn such an accolade first?

Its gone all positive at the moment with two wins in a row and why not. But i wonder if the optimism is a little premature. We are still in the bottom four with some very hard games coming up and we could end up being in the bottom three.

It was positive before the 2 wins in a row too so I don't see what has changed after these 2 games anymore than if it would have been 2 defeats.

I have seen the 'in Lambert we trust' comment again and all thats very well and good but lets just see if he can earn such an accolade first?

Give the guy a couple of seasons first and I am sure the accolades will be awaiting Lambert by that time if not before.

All in all you can't wait for us to slip up can you?

I am sure you will display for all to see your negative pish if we happen to get beat by Manure giving it the "are we all optimistic now?" "do we stand by Lambert just as much?" "Are we ready for relegation?" "why sell our best players" and more of the same kind of crap like you have came away with this week.

Look at this way, if you had to name our five best players so far this season who would you pick?

For me it would be:

Guzan

Vlaar

Lowton

KEA

Benteke

I expect some will disagree on KEA, but I think it's quite promising that most of our best performers so far this season have been Lambert buys (ok Guzan was already here before but Lambert re-signed him).

Yeah I wouldn't include Guzan as a Lambert signing, despite him technically re-signing him (I think the offer was always there)

But it was certainly Lambert's decision to play him ahead of Given

It was positive before the 2 wins in a row too so I don't see what has changed after these 2 games anymore than if it would have been 2 defeats.

Give the guy a couple of seasons first and I am sure the accolades will be awaiting Lambert by that time if not before.

All in all you can't wait for us to slip up can you?

I am sure you will display for all to see your negative pish if we happen to get beat by Manure giving it the "are we all optimistic now?" "do we stand by Lambert just as much?" "Are we ready for relegation?" "why sell our best players" and more of the same kind of crap like you have came away with this week.

Hi mate have you just broken your vibrator.

I think Lambert would be well advised to drop the Martin O'Neill appreciation society bit

It may be genuinely how he feels about Martin, But in some quarters it will appear as a weakness in the same way that Andre Santos will be viewed asking for Robin Van Persie's shirt.....It just don't come over in the right way.

I'm not saying Fergie does everything right, but along with Ron Saunders,Bill Shankly & Jose Mourinho...those types would never do that.