Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Herd was our best player on several occasions last year, definitely deserves a chance in midfield, but that still won't resolve the overall problem with our midfield, we still won't be able to create anything in the final third.

Really would like to see us playing with 1 striker uptop, and then give Holman and one other the chance to push on a bit.

I'd be looking to play the following at some point in the prem:

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Baker Lichaj

Herd

KEA Ireland

Weiman Benteke Holman

I have argued before that in our present position Herd is the best DM available to us. He isn't great but would certainly give us that steel in midfield that we have been missing. Lambert should recognize that we are and will be in a relegation battle for the rest of the season and then set out the team accordingly. We simply need balance in our team to play to our strengths and i would go with this.

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Dunne(must come back when available) Lichaj

El Ahmadi (to protect and link defence to midfield)

Ireland Herd

N'Zogbia(cutting in from the right as he did to great affect at Wigan) Holman

Bent/Benteke

This team is much better balanced all over the park and will protect our defence more while also having a better cutting edge.

Would also like to see Samir Carruthers introduced at some stage in place of either Holman or N'Zogbia if we ever happen to have a comfortable lead in a game.

The team should be this every game.....

Holman..........Benteke.........Agbonlahor

Although Gabby hasn't been doing enough to be able to start, we have no one else!

How about 24m worth of proven striker?

Holman was the most frustrating player on our pitch against Norwich - wasn't in the game at all and kept giving the ball away (as he tends to do alot). For me, aside from WBA game he hasn't been as good as everyone seems to make out. Just my opinion of course.

Tonight will be a defining point in the season, lose to Swindon in the Cup and the pressure will be on big time. PDC will realise that the Villa are struggling and Swindon are a good League 1 side. Win well and install some confidence PL.

If we play badly, create nothing and get turned over by Swindon then Lambert has got to go

Still too early for me. He needs to sort his selection policy out but we will be a laughing stock of we call for his head after 9 games.

Not for me, our performances have been dire. If he cant get a half decent performance against a league 1 team then the sooner he goes the better.

Its highly likely we will lose the next 4 league games after tonight, his selections and tactics are crap and I dont like his constant pissing about with the starting XI. Im starting to wonder if the players are getting pissed off too, doesnt seem like a happy camp and I think its down to Lambert.

• Like 1

If we play badly, create nothing and get turned over by Swindon then Lambert has got to go

Nah, come on now, no matter what lambert should be given till january minimum and almost certainly a full season. Not least because if we sacked him who the hell would want to take over? It wouldnt be people like redKnapp or Rafa, it would be the likes of Bruce or Mick McCArthy.

There's no point replacing the manager while we have such a pathetic owner in charge.

Lambert has proven what he's capable of with Norwich and shown given the right support he can sign some decent players.

There's no point getting rid. We wanted a young manager to come and build something, he needs the chance to do that.

Not for me, our performances have been dire. If he cant get a half decent performance against a league 1 team then the sooner he goes the better.

Its highly likely we will lose the next 4 league games after tonight, his selections and tactics are crap and I dont like his constant pissing about with the starting XI. Im starting to wonder if the players are getting pissed off too, doesnt seem like a happy camp and I think its down to Lambert.

You could see the reaction of the players after the Norwich game, they weren't exactly looking chuffed with him, the body language suggest a man who is slowly ostracising himself from the players. 3-1 win tonight to get some confidence back and a goal for Gabby FFS.

I can't seem to Fathom why people want Lambert out after 9 games?

He should never have been here in the first place. I said he was crap as soon as people started singing for him on the final day of last season.

I said his tactics and football were dire back then, since he has been here his football and tactics are still crap. I'm also not impressed by his man management in the slightest and his interviews are terrible. He came in after McLeish and spent £20m and has made us worse. The job he has done so far has been appauling, he is only getting away with it because the majority of people seem happy at he fact he is not McLeish regardless of the rubbish performances, team selections and mistakes he makes week in week out. His deceision making is amongst the worst I have ever seen from a Villa manager