Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I'm no expert, but when you are under siege and are down to 10 men, why would you insist on sticking with 2 men upfront?

I was a bit perplexed when Weimann came on... the ball wasn't sticking up front and we may have well been playing with 9 men with 2 wasted up front (8 men if you discount Albrighton). Putting a bit more steal in midfield or defense would have made more sense to me.

I'm sticking by Lambert. Sure he's had a pretty bad start, but this time last year with McLeish we were actually unbeaten and sitting in the top half. It means nothing. I'm sure his quality will show through towards the end of the season. And unlike his predecessor, I'm fairly confident he'll pick up points against the 'bigger clubs'. There's no point changing managers again. We need stability, and thank god Randy appointed a young, ambitious manager like Lambert.

• Like 1

I'm a fan of Lambert generally, and think he deserves time beyond this season to get things right, but he has to shoulder the majority of the blame for the way the season is shaping up. It is Lambert who has told experienced players like Warnock and Hutton that they have no place in the team, and then replaced them with younger players that are not as good (even in Lowton's case against Hutton).

99% of everyone posting on here has said that warnock and hutton should never play for us again. to suggest that they are the answer is ludicrous.

It is Lambert who seems to have decided that Nzogbia has no place in a team desperate both for creativity and width.
not just lambert but a majority of posters on this site, again.

It is lambert who played a woeful Albrighton today.
again something many on here have been calling for

It is Lambert who refused to play Ireland, who has also refused to play Dunne (i don't believe he's still injured).
Dunne is injured, Ireland coming back from injury, conspiracy theory now?

Seems to me lambert is dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn't.

It is lambert who took Lerners £20M and decided to buy 7 players from outside the premie league, and then insists on playing most of them week in week out.

again, we needed players all over the pitch not just two or three and his signings have shown great potential, including lowton who looks a real player. What do you expect him to do? Buy players and then not play them. This s largely a new team who have played less than 12 games, they are not going to full fill the potential by not playing together.

• Like 1

Anyone suggesting Hutton should be back in is mad.

Lambert needs to buy experience in the middle of the park to replace Stan,We have headless chickens atm.

Support Lambert who else could have the job,Redknapp would laugh at us.

I'm no expert, but when you are under siege and are down to 10 men, why would you insist on sticking with 2 men upfront?

I was a bit perplexed when Weimann came on... the ball wasn't sticking up front and we may have well been playing with 9 men with 2 wasted up front (8 men if you discount Albrighton). Putting a bit more steal in midfield or defense would have made more sense to me.

Honestly? I think he means what he says when he insists he will never play for a draw or to cling on. I think he wanted another Villa goal. I am not saying it was smart but I think thats the way he thinks.

10 games in

Trying to turn around a ship that has been sinking for a while, we were never going to roll over every team we play. If people expected instant turn around they are deluding themselves.

The woeful Mcleish couldn't relegate us so the better lambert won't either

serious question, After 10 games what evidence have you got that the the better lambert is an improvment on mcduff after 10 games.

They are both inept managers punching above there weights and both should never be within 100miles of villa park along with the coward lerner and his bitch of a yes man faulkner.

People who think we have improved from last season are just muggin themselfs completly off!.

bennet/warnock no... cuellar/valar no... hutton/lowten no... benteke/heskey no,

But hey ho we will win a cup and finnish in the top 8 some muggs said when lambert came.

Sometimes real life should get in the way of the deluded football mug that suffers blind love but that dont seem to be the case with some on here.

Pull yourselfs together men or is life is that bad you pretend we have improved and all is fine as PL likes to say.

If life is that bad i suggest you try plenty of fish.com instead, And shake off the blind love deluded football mug title...

Oh well at least we still have the pleasure of gettin rid of Ireland, CNZ, Given and Bent and replacing them with some more unknown johnny foreigners and division 2 and 3 players

It really is exciting this lambert and lerner partnership aint it... Oh hang on a bit.. The Blind Love suffering deluded football mug title thing is spreading like the plague on here...

Its a ridiculous statement - as there is no way you could possibly know whether David Moyes would have got us Champions League Football. You have no clue how it could have turned out. On the other foot, I have no possible way of knowing whether he wouldn't either. Overall its a stupid thing to say. :P

Yes you can predict and I agree with Morpheus.

But if Randy is prepared to give that backing to Harry then why can't Lambert be given the same? Especially now we've got the scouting system set up and he has already brought in a couple of good signings from Europe. Harry would go the O'Neill route and sign players on big wages which isn't what we need.

What we needed is stability first after being under the threat of relegation and then introducing lower league players into our team when they were ready. To do what Lambert has done especially with the increase in TV revenue coming up is nothing less than playing Russian Roulette with our Premiership status.

That stability should have been introduced by purchasing Premiership players and then putting one or two inexperienced players in and around that.

For me over the past three seasons in particular it has been a question of ambition by the chairman. To stay were we where we had to keep paying the type of wages which attracts quality. I don't mean having 40 grand a week players on the bench, rather those players playing in the first team supplemented by several lower league players on the bench and being given the chance to adapt to the Premiership gradually.

Instead those inexperienced players have been asked to hit the ground running and due to results their confidence has also been affected.

Bringing Redknapp in wouldn't be cheap but he would secure our Premiership status by being able to attract the quality player to our club and then utilizing those players properly.

I have no confidence in Lambert to do the same.

Yep Jol would have been a fantastic appointment. Shame really. I still think Lambert will come good providing he's given time. Not sure Villa fans have the patience to give him that time, I've been saying that since Houllier was in charge.

serious question, After 10 games what evidence have you got that the the better lambert is an improvment on mcduff after 10 games.

They are both inept managers punching above there weights and both should never be within 100miles of villa park along with the coward lerner and his bitch of a yes man faulkner.

People who think we have improved from last season are just muggin themselfs completly off!.

bennet/warnock no... cuellar/valar no... hutton/lowten no... benteke/heskey no,

But hey ho we will win a cup and finnish in the top 8 some muggs said when lambert came.

Sometimes real life should get in the way of the deluded football mug that suffers blind love but that dont seem to be the case with some on here.

Pull yourselfs together men or is life is that bad you pretend we have improved and all is fine as PL likes to say.

If life is that bad i suggest you try plenty of fish.com instead, And shake off the blind love deluded football mug title...

Oh well at least we still have the pleasure of gettin rid of Ireland, CNZ, Given and Bent and replacing them with some more unknown johnny foreigners and division 2 and 3 players

It really is exciting this lambert and lerner partnership aint it... Oh hang on a bit.. The Blind Love suffering deluded football mug title thing is spreading like the plague on here...

i think constantly calling villa fans who have a different opinion "mugs" does your argument no favours

If Lambert takes us down I believe he will do a good job for us in The Championship.

Of course our muppett owners would probably sack him, pay him £5m in compo and then appoint Mick McArthy.

I'm furious at Lerner and Faulkner to be honest.

If Lambert takes us down I believe he will do a good job for us in The Championship.

Of course our muppett owners would probably sack him, pay him £5m in compo and then appoint Mick McArthy.

I'm furious at Lerner and Faulkner to be honest.

Yes that is the one positive for me at the moment. Next season the last of the big earners will have left so if we go down we might be able to keep the young squad together and mount a charge to come back up. Lambert knows the division and what it takes to get promotion as well.

I think it's pretty easy to compare Mcleish and Lamberts's records and establish that Lambert is streets ahead. He's mopping up 3 years of mismanagement and change isn't likely overnight. Unfortunately we're now in an era of short term fixes and knee jerk reactions... The modern football world. When you gave TV, radio and the Internet covering the game 24/7 it's inevitable. Give him the time he needs and

I'm sure he'll keep us safe this season and begin to build in his way. I do think he has potential to get us a bit of momentum at some point this season which will see us pull clear. Momentum is something we haven't had in ages!

I'm sure he'll keep us safe this season and begin to build in his way. I do think he has potential to get us a bit of momentum at some point this season which will see us pull clear. Momentum is something we haven't had in ages!

Oh, I would argue we have momentum alright!

It's whether Lambert can change that momentum and start winning games. It is going to be hard to get some confidence back into our young squad.