Paul Lambert

Pilchard

God knows what formation we were playing. I couldn't work it out. 

Was it 4-3-1-2? 

If it was, Let's never play it again.

Why we stopped playing 4-3-3 with width is beyond me. It's how we were setup towards the end of last season and it appears to be forgotten.

• Like 1

It was a crap performance, he made changes too late and we didn't set up to go at them like we should have (either that or the players just don't know how to), but honestly when will people get it into their heads that he isn't going to come out and slate the players in public. Why would you want him to? Proper management in any industry has things happen this way, you tell your staff behind closed doors what they are doing wrong not for everybody else to see.

Well we better look forward to more shit performances from the likes of Weimann then

I'm sorry but they need to be slated and told how poor they have been

It's not like we didn't award him for last season with an improved contract is it he seems to be happy just going through the motions collecting his wage packet

He should be dropped and fined

He has been a complete and utter disgrace so far this season

Edited by AshVilla

It was diabolical today. Someone needs to sit Lambert down and let him know more forwards does not equal better attack. I would love to see a formation like Fulham ran today at some point. Three central midfielders, two wingers, and a lone striker might actually create more.

Here come the overreactions....

Usual suspects who vanished mid week will no doubt make an appearence.

In perspective, its a rare away defeat whatever anyone says.

Our defence HAS improved, in the overall context.

We will lose some games you know.

Just because Fulham have been shit for so long doesn’t mean that a new manager might not get the tactics right, he did today as it was clear the job was to stop us counter attacking.

We looked good and Fulham looked woeful before they scored, we had some good possession. Benteke has a good effort and Fulham looked shaky, then they scored a goal and the ref gave them a penalty. We were then woeful and shit, this could happen to a lot of teams in the league not just Villa.

I’ll let the haters have their enjoyment, its pointless debating with them as they vanish during good results and only appear when we lose.

I didn't. I said the football was dire against S'hamton and West Brom and got some dreadful stick for it. So what have you got to say to me? There are as many PL lovers on here who run when we lose. I still think he should be given time but for the life of me I don't see this 'plan'. Your list should be replaced with one item:

Our luck ran out today.

Here come the overreactions....

Usual suspects who vanished mid week will no doubt make an appearence.

In perspective, its a rare away defeat whatever anyone says.

Our defence HAS improved, in the overall context.

We will lose some games you know.

Just because Fulham have been shit for so long doesn’t mean that a new manager might not get the tactics right, he did today as it was clear the job was to stop us counter attacking.

We looked good and Fulham looked woeful before they scored, we had some good possession. Benteke has a good effort and Fulham looked shaky, then they scored a goal and the ref gave them a penalty. We were then woeful and shit, this could happen to a lot of teams in the league not just Villa.

I’ll let the haters have their enjoyment, its pointless debating with them as they vanish during good results and only appear when we lose.

I didn't. I said the football was dire against S'hamton and West Brom and got some dreadful stick for it. So what have you got to say to me? There are as many PL lovers on here who run when we lose. I still think he should be given time but for the life of me I don't see this 'plan'. Your list should be replaced with one item:

Our luck ran out today.

Yeah I agree, the Lambert apologists get just as much enjoyment from shooting down anyone who dares to question Lambert and his big 15 year plan for mediocrity.

Our luck ran out today? That's an understatement. We were poor no doubt but we were incredibly unlucky to have that penalty given against us and then not get a penalty for the foul on Gabby.

Claret and Blue tinted specs. We've had so much luck this season that it's masked the cracks.

• Like 1

They had a clear penalty denied before the soft one was given, don't forget. Dean had a shite game but going on about 'luck' is just ignoring the truth of the situation: one year on and we have not markedly improved.

We're fortunate that other teams are struggling but as the past few rounds of games have shown, the teams below us are capable of picking up wins.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

What infuriates me is how long it takes him to make substitutions. Didn't the fool realize that things WERE NOT working?

I'm really starting to get frustrated with his total lack of tactical awareness.

I didn't see the Soto game, granted, but we really look pathetic, especially against weaker teams.

4-3-3 is NOT the answer. Wake up, Paul. 

Our luck ran out today? That's an understatement. We were poor no doubt but we were incredibly unlucky to have that penalty given against us and then not get a penalty for the foul on Gabby.

Claret and Blue tinted specs. We've had so much luck this season that it's masked the cracks.

Rubbish. I even admitted we were poor today.

They had a clear penalty denied before the soft one was given, don't forget. Dean had a shite game but going on about 'luck' is just ignoring the truth of the situation: one year on and we have not markedly improved.

We're fortunate that other teams are struggling but as the past few rounds of games have shown, the teams below us are capable of picking up wins.

The playing style hasn't improved but on the whole results have.

What infuriates me is how long it takes him to make substitutions. Didn't the fool realize that things WERE NOT working?

I'm really starting to get frustrated with his total lack of tactical awareness.

I didn't see the Soto game, granted, but we really look pathetic, especially against weaker teams.

4-3-3 is NOT the answer. Wake up, Paul. 

He made a sub at half-time. Admittedly he took the wrong player off but he looked to make changes early.

I'm concerned at how poor our squad is though. We have played well on very few occasions this season. Too many players out of form, too many don't look bothered and too many who are just not good enough. This is the managers responsibility and we are not playing how I thought we would under Lambert.

3 strikers isn't working, the midfield is always getting beat. It's fine for counter attacking, but we saw today (v Fulham) its too predictable now.

Time for a re-think. Either the central striker needs to drop into midfield (as Berbatov does). Or the outside men, Gabby and Weimann need to be replaced by creative midfielders and play deeper.

I seriously question Lambert's tactical nous. He got away with it at West Brom and Southampton but was found out today by a better tactician with a bunch of journeymen for a squad.

I am tired of the excuses, Lambert is serving up some of the worst football in years (excluding the AM disaster). Irrespective of his lack of funds he chose to bring in a bunch of lightweight midfielders who were given a lesson today by Sidwell (FFS!) and Parker. He plays ****** Bacuna at the back despite the fact that he Is a ******* liability!

OTT reaction? I don't think so - My doubts about lambert have been growing for ages!

• Like 1

If you admit we were poor, is it too much to ask that you concede we didn't deserve anything from the game then rather then resort to the usual apologism?

• Like 1

Well I just hope the Vlaar injury isn't to serious. W eve already conceded 4 goals in his absence - and we do need another CB - Even when Okore is fit. Been saying this since May. I don't expect us to yield many points while Vlaar is out.....

I'm not starting, I'm already there. He has none. And he isn't going to learn it at this point in his career. An intelligent footballing brain can be what separates the great players from the average ones. The same applies to managers. Ours doesn't have one.

However the two men on the sidelines in the next match on Sky do

And to think one of them could have been at Villa

If you admit we were poor, is it too much to ask that you concede we didn't deserve anything from the game then rather then resort to the usual apologism?

I don't believe I ever did say we deserved something from that game.

HOWEVER, decisions like that change games and it could've been completely different.

What "usual apologism"? Just because I'm not always 100% negative doesn't mean I'm an "apologist" FFS.