Paul Lambert

Pilchard

So over the top negativity is okay, yet confronting people about the aforementioned negativity isn't?

You posted more about other fans in the match thread against west brom than about the game. Why not comment on the game to tell people why they're negativity is wrong instead of sarcastic comments and stupid gifs?

• Like 1

This is a forum for Villa fans, we're all here for the same reason and that is to discuss OUR football club.

Agreed. Unfortunately there are a small amount of posters who can't discuss the club and just have to complain about fans opinions if they're the slightest bit negative.

I don't normally go in the match thread but the west brom game was a perfect example of this.

If you want to make your negative thoughts known on a public forum, you shouldn't complain when you get pulled.

There are times when negativity is justified but this is not the time given the steady progress we're making.

This is a forum for Villa fans, we're all here for the same reason and that is to discuss OUR football club.

Agreed. Unfortunately there are a small amount of posters who can't discuss the club and just have to complain about fans opinions if they're the slightest bit negative.

I don't normally go in the match thread but the west brom game was a perfect example of this.

I find it funny how every time somebody responds to criticism it just gets branded as "complaining".

And of course this is something you wouldn't do Mantis.  :crylaugh:  

Me saying there should be patience with regards to the playing style certainly isn't "complaining", however much some people would like it to be.

Like how people were having a go at Lambert for not starting Benteke, Gabby and Delph despite the fact that they'd just come back from injury and couldn't manage a full game?

Haha I think you're confused. That's an opinion about the club. The whole point of this forum.

And the responses to those opinions were also opinions.

If you want to make your negative thoughts known on a public forum, you shouldn't complain when you get pulled.

There are times when negativity is justified but this is not the time given the steady progress we're making.

I actually agree. And there are posters who will put across an alternative view and disagree with negativity in a way you'd expect on a forum. But there's a few who seem to only mock anyone who shares a different view.

I find it funny how every time somebody responds to criticism it just gets branded as "complaining".

And of course this is something you wouldn't do Mantis. :crylaugh:

Me saying there should be patience with regards to the playing style certainly isn't "complaining", however much some people would like it to be.

Like how people were having a go at Lambert for not starting Benteke, Gabby and Delph despite the fact that they'd just come back from injury and couldn't manage a full game?

Haha I think you're confused. That's an opinion about the club. The whole point of this forum.

And the responses to those opinions were also opinions.

You seem very confused.

Why is that comment funny? It's an opinion about the club but it is one that is objectively wrong. "Lambert should have played X player" when they are injured is a ridiculous statement to make. People are of course entitled to hold their personal views, but once they make them public others are entitled to challenge them on them.

• Like 1

So over the top negativity is okay, yet confronting people about the aforementioned negativity isn't?

What does confrontation achieve on a forum where we're all here to discuss the same topic? 

Better yet, what does confrontation achieve in correlation to somebody's views? People are entitled to their views, people are entitled to discuss other people's views with them, but confronting somebody over their views is silly.

I'm out of here, leave you to it guys but somebody had to try and be the mediator :)

I'm not having a go. Just asking a question. With that I take my leave.

Why is that comment funny? It's an opinion about the club but it is one that is objectively wrong. "Lambert should have played X player" when they are injured is a ridiculous statement to make. People are of course entitled to hold their personal views, but once they make them public others are entitled to challenge them on them.

Who said they shouldn't?

Who said opinions can't be challenged. Its the moaning at other fans that was brought up.

Lambert is not the manager I thought and hoped he was going to be.

I thought the last thing we'd have to worry about is pointless, horrible to watch and aimless hoofball. Yes the Southampton win was good but I don't know how the **** we managed it, we're incredibly lucky to have as many points as we have IMO playing the way we do.

We aren't going to move forward playing shite like this. He's got til the end of the season for me to turn this shit around.

• Like 2

I don't know what it is with this bloke I really like him but his tactics are truly shocking, the usual after match chat will be the same old bollocks of " I thought me team gave everything today I really did " blah blah blah.

Next week I can see us getting our asses kicked by man u

It was a crap performance, he made changes too late and we didn't set up to go at them like we should have (either that or the players just don't know how to), but honestly when will people get it into their heads that he isn't going to come out and slate the players in public. Why would you want him to? Proper management in any industry has things happen this way, you tell your staff behind closed doors what they are doing wrong not for everybody else to see.

Here come the overreactions....

Usual suspects who vanished mid week will no doubt make an appearence.

In perspective, its a rare away defeat whatever anyone says.

Our defence HAS improved, in the overall context.

We will lose some games you know.

Just because Fulham have been shit for so long doesn’t mean that a new manager might not get the tactics right, he did today as it was clear the job was to stop us counter attacking.

We looked good and Fulham looked woeful before they scored, we had some good possession. Benteke has a good effort and Fulham looked shaky, then they scored a goal and the ref gave them a penalty. We were then woeful and shit, this could happen to a lot of teams in the league not just Villa.

I’ll let the haters have their enjoyment, its pointless debating with them as they vanish during good results and only appear when we lose.

Edited by VillaForever1970