Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I hear all the arguments for and against...time being the major island of hope.

right now I'm watching low grade football at home with even the basics in short supply.

Just read the last few pages...

You guys know we're 11th now right? I agree we've had a few poor performances where we've lacked creativity but our current squad is very much a work in progress. Relax, Rome wasn't built in a day.

We're 11th place and actually feel disappointed by that, a vast improvement from last season. I'm happy with where we are and I hopefully we'll keep pushing on, get the returning guys fully fit and back to full sharpness again and hopefully push on further up the table for a comfortable top half finish.

I just got really disappointed Lerner didn't keep the Browns. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think their current coach looks just like Lambert, and it would be odd too see them if they ever met during a Villa tour or something (obviously won't happen now). 

124110080.jpg?w=300

• Like 2

I would think sacking him now to be a complete, unmitigated disaster.  He makes errors, like every human being I've ever met.  But he is moving us in the right direction.

Agree entirely - he's a good manager going through a bit of a rough patch performance-wise; not like we're losing much though, 

"We're shit. We aren't progressing. Sack the manager

New manager, progress back to square one

*new manager gets a year*

"We're shit. We aren't progressing. Sack the manager"

New manager. Progress back to square one

*repeat*

See the issue here? Give Lambert until the end of next season, barring disaster, then see if a new man is needed

After a very tricky opening set of fixtures, we managed to get a fabulous home point against Sunderland who have a new manager and are destined for much better than their false league position currently shows. We're 11th now following on from the despair of last season's challenges which represents such a massive improvement in the direction that our own club is going. Why were some people booing at the end of the game on Saturday? Some people seriously thought we would walk all over the Mackems considering their current position and on the bizarre result from last season. We played some excellent football and got our just rewards in a very hard fought point indeed. Well done boys. Hopefully the manager gave you the day off yesterday. I couldn't fault the effort and I thought the lads, especially Albrighton on his timely return from loan was excellent.

Man of the match for me was Guzan - fantastic save at close range, tipping the ball onto the bar and away for to relative safety.

Apart from Okore, I think all of our key injury worries are now out of the way and I am looking forward to stomping all over Southampton on Tuesday night. It's a nailed on Villa win with our previous hard fought results, and the threatening, progressive talent we have.

Europa League here we come. It feels great to be a Villain right now.

Edited by Raver50032
  • Like 2

Agreed.  It's a pleasure to have a conversation.  I agree that Vlaar has stepped up.  And I agree I would like to see more movement and passing.  The next question then, in my mind is, what's missing from the midfield personnel we have?  I think Westwood needs time and confidence and could develop. 

problem with villa is that we have very weak central midfieldersders and we also play with two wide forwards in wiemann and agbonlahor who aren't wide strikers. we lack any creativity in the middle of the park and we offer very little in the wide areas

• Like 1

Who here wants him sacked? Be honest

For me he is a limited manager at present and the only thing stopping me from calling for his head again is the way he got the team playing at the end of last season. I had hoped that would be repeated this season but although the results have been better the performances have taken a nose dive.

Hopefully that won't continue and the manager can grow with the team so I'm prepared to give him more time if we don't slip back into trouble again but I'm still very unsure whether he has what it takes to build a successful dynasty here?

"I'm prepared to give him more time"   Haha - Your hubris knows no bounds

When asked who would be better and available for us you always weasel out of the question

Last season you were advising signing Berbatov and Adam and lobbying for the return of Bent - fine job they're doing

The only limits on Lambert are the financial ones placed on him by Lerner.

We're fortunate indeed that you are not running the club

I answered the question directly both on who would replace Lambert and who wants Lambert sacked therefore I'm wondering is it a lack comprehension or just an inability to read due to petty agendas on site?

I see you've questioned my choice of Berbatov, Adam and Bent again based on their performance this season yet when i retorted when you mentioned this previously by asking you how Benteke, Weimann and Gabby were doing this season you failed to reply.

I'm wondering why was that?  :lol:  

Edited by Morpheus

After a very tricky opening set of fixtures, we managed to get a fabulous home point against Sunderland who have a new manager and are destined for much better than their false league position currently shows. We're 11th now following on from the despair of last season's challenges which represents such a massive improvement in the direction that our own club is going. Why were some people booing at the end of the game on Saturday? Some people seriously thought we would walk all over the Mackems considering their current position and on the bizarre result from last season. We played some excellent football and got our just rewards in a very hard fought point indeed. Well done boys. Hopefully the manager gave you the day off yesterday. I couldn't fault the effort and I thought the lads, especially Albrighton on his timely return from loan was excellent.

Man of the match for me was Guzan - fantastic save at close range, tipping the ball onto the bar and away for to relative safety.

Apart from Okore, I think all of our key injury worries are now out of the way and I am looking forward to stomping all over Southampton on Tuesday night. It's a nailed on Villa win with our previous hard fought results, and the threatening, progressive talent we have.

Europa League here we come. It feels great to be a Villain right now.

I am hoping that these comments are very much tongue in cheek?

• Like 1

HairyHands, please don't be upset by the tiny number of people who don't want PL as manager.

There is always a freakish minority who want the opposite of everyone else.

On internet forums some of them get off on how much their proferred opinion differs from everyone else's. That's all that's going on here, not some kind of fans' revolt.

Edited by CrackpotForeigner
  • Like 1