Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Lambert deserves a new contract and pay rise based on his preseason! Signings, new contracts and the big man!

Yup.

Give Lambert a four year contract too and the Summer will well and truly be one of the best in years.

Lambert has worked miracles here. We lost top player after top player when we were finishing 6th season after season with a squad full of quality. Now we have one real star and he's been talked into staying! Pure genius Mr Lambert!

Outstanding manager. The best we have had in 30 years at this club

Not sure I'd go that far Rich. Not yet anyway. But, it just shows the powers of persuasion that the man has and I think that this will send out good signals about Lambert and the club to other players.

New deal to him last season you guys wanted him out shocked. I am fearing about next season under him. We need experience player we cant go true this kids yet again we just cant take the gamble can we.

Edited by Mendi

New deal to him last season you guys wanted him out shocked. I am fearing about next season under him. We need experience player we cant go true this kids yet again we just cant take the gamble can we.

Don't know if you'd noticed but quite a lot has happened since January...

Don't know if you'd noticed but quite a lot has happened since January...

still early days so remember that.

Outstanding manager. The best we have had in 30 years at this club

Too early for this IMO. Many mistakes made at the beginning of last season - I still remember seeing Bannan in the center up against Fellani.

He needs to win something to come close to being the best in 30 years.

Having said that, Paul and his support staff (as well as Falkner) have played a blinder so far this summer. I don't know if the players he's brought in are any good, but he's identified who he wants, got them in and tied up the performers from last year. It's noticeable that Bennett is one of the few that haven't had improved terms!

Just Ireland, Bannan and the rest of the junk left to get rid of.

Edited by Pilchard

Well, I have to say I'm impressed.

The guy has totally transformed the squad, from ridding the overpaid journeymen for hire in the squad with those still here knowing they're heading for the door if THEY dont make the decision to jump first.

The club financially in astute signings. Lowton and Benteke alone have "made" probably 30mill "on paper". Big difference to those Ellis "amortising" years where the value of the squad just fell like a new BMW.

The attitude around the club to a proper one of keen youth, not quite the "Ellis academy" of cheapness,but of a squad who seem more together than most of those in the past. Seem a lack of ego's, but some leaders like Vlaar emerging.

A sense of purpose and direction.

The ability to negotiate and win in the boardroom as well as on the pitch with contracts, and winning the trust of the chairman.

Far more "press friendly". Everyhting Mcleish said, whether well intentioned, always just "came out wrong".

That he has enough self belief that at the worst point of the season, he kept a cool head, with the plan he had and saw us just come through.

And all in 12 months.

And there's evidence the man himself knows his own failings and is addressing them in appointing coaches to deal with the defensive issues. Not so arrogant as to believe he is the finished article.

As long as the squad has learned from last season, and 50% of the new signings work out, (all managers get a % of signings wrong. Even Wenger and Ferguson, next season could be genuinely "interesting", even if the top places are up for grabs.

Could be the best manager since Saunders?  Given the league wasn't so "fixed" back then, could be a better manager than Saunders and still not get top 6, realistically. But theres no doubt we're heading up the league next year. And success begets success.