Our Darkest Hour ?

smetrov

Its sounds very dramatic - but is it our darkest hour ?

My main concern is that if Lambert fails - it will be pretty grim. Although it was grim under Mcleish - I did feel that once he had gone we could start to move forward again. - My pessimism at the moment is direct more at the two buffons who run the club in Lerner and Faulkner. Whilst Lerner was great at pushing the button for training ground development, Holte pub refurb - those plans were I believe in place. Stuff where he had make the running, (Villa Village, North Stand) have never happened. - Now I am not concerned about those two projects, my main concern is a winning villa side.

Sadly though on footballing side, Faulkner and Lerner score pretty low, Houllier was an average appointment, Mcleish just down right stupidity.....which brings us on to Lambert - I will be honest not the manager I thought he was - probably Randy feels the same - However with massive TV money on offer - the decision not to fund a couple of big signings is another error of Mcleish proportions and these are errors that we know about - I dread to think what goes day to day at Villa park.

The course we are on - is pretty much relegation - but what after that ? - Lerners very poor at picking managers, should he dispense with Lambert, he obviously isn't going to bank roll us in the prem. Should we get relegated his tenure is right up there with the Venky's - and who knows what is to follow ?

Our darkest hour was undoubtedly 1966-68 when the club nearly went bankrupt, there was a fans' boycott that saw home crowds down to 13,000, and we were relegated to the second division, destination 3rd division within 3 seasons.

Of course after that it picked up a lot. The board resigned, a new more progressive board was elected and four seasons later we were on the up with a team fuelled by excellent products of our youth policy - Gidman, Cowans, Gary Shaw, John Deehan and the like. Add Ron Saunders and Dennis Mortimer and Bob's your uncle. (The worm in the rose was the new chairman of the new board - a chap called Ellis).

What does make this time a bit darker is it's hard to see where a similar revival might come from. :(

And Briny that dark hour was brought about by a board who ignored the wishes of the fans and that brought about the 'Revolution' - we have now gone back to the same scenario a 'board' who are absent/missing/clueless and hide behind the manager with no offer of a plan of escape from this situation we are plummeting towards

• Like 1

Richard how do you feel about the whole fiasco with the running of this club?

as I have done for three years, that it is a shambles.

Based on last summer and some stuff that came my way I was prepared to believe that times would change and Paul would be backed, looking increasingly unlikely but we have till the end of the month to avoid disaster. I guess that fact alone, that we have to do business to save this club in 12 days, is yet more evidence that it is shit.

• Like 1

He wasn't backed enough in the summer and I seriously doubt that's going to change.

He signed half a dozen average players in the summer. That's the problem

I remember our darkest hour very well. It happened on the 16th of Feb 1987 on a cold Wednesday night when the floodlights failed!.

Sorry, I've got one on me today. I am even hoping the game is called off so I can can enjoy another Saturday without losing.

I remember our darkest hour very well. It happened on the 16th of Feb 1987 on a cold Wednesday night when the floodlights failed!.

Sorry, I've got one on me today. I am even hoping the game is called off so I can can enjoy another Saturday without losing.

I laughed at that more than I should have. Villa have made me go crazy

Nail on th head there Villarocker. Never dreaded matchdays like I do these days . Even when McNeil took us down , it didn't feel the same as this probably will.

I think the difference then was that football wasn't "EVERYWHERE" all the time and you werent reminded of the impending misery all the time. So yes , not far from our darkest hour

as I have done for three years, that it is a shambles.

Based on last summer and some stuff that came my way I was prepared to believe that times would change and Paul would be backed, looking increasingly unlikely but we have till the end of the month to avoid disaster. I guess that fact alone, that we have to do business to save this club in 12 days, is yet more evidence that it is shit.

Your feeling conned like myself then.

I vowed never to fall for it and I got suckered in.

Out of interest I keep being drawn towards your avatar and keep meaning to ask you are you a fan of her or a different reason to it?

Â