our support if we went down

Rugeley Villa

Probably around the same as they are now, bearing in mind that the ticket prices would come down quite a bit especially for away games.

I wouldn't be so sure, I went to Hillsborough on saturday in the away end with a Wolves fan and we had to pay 26 quid each. The match finished 0-0 in a dire game Mcleish would have been proud of.

well in last 10 years 2 clubs with big following went down in Newcastle and Leeds and from outside looking in it seems tehy still got healthy crowds.

If the unthinkable does happen this will be the time the club needs the fans 100% behind them

I wouldn't be so sure, I went to Hillsborough on saturday in the away end with a Wolves fan and we had to pay 26 quid each. The match finished 0-0 in a dire game Mcleish would have been proud of.

£26 is a lot better than the majority of this season:

£52 - Chelsea

£45 - QPR

£44 - Liverpool

£40 - Fulham, West Ham, West Brom, Man City

£36 - Spurs, Southampton

£35 - Everton, Swansea, Arsenal

That's well over half the away games just off the top of my head.

Only reasonably priced games I can think of so far:

£29 - Newcastle and Sunderland

However travel costs a bomb as they are so far away.

well in last 10 years 2 clubs with big following went down in Newcastle and Leeds and from outside looking in it seems tehy still got healthy crowds.

If the unthinkable does happen this will be the time the club needs the fans 100% behind them

Newcastle are a special case because there is exceptionally strong local loyalty to the club - much more so than with Villa tbh - and they came straight back up with a season in the Championship so successful that they were guaranteed promotion by mid-April. As has been discussed over and over, that is very much the exception - most clubs who are relegated struggle to get back and stay up in the premier league.

Your other example, Leeds, gives more of a clue about what might happen to us. Back in 2001-2, for example, when they were riding high, they were regularly getting crowds of 39-40,000. This season they are getting between 17-25,000.

• Like 1

Your other example, Leeds, gives more of a clue about what might happen to us. Back in 2001-2, for example, when they were riding high, they were regularly getting crowds of 39-40,000. This season they are getting between 17-25,000.

but Leeds have been down there for nearly a decade, of course was going to take its toll on fanbase. I meant what was attendances like 1st season they went down. I imagine it was pretty high

but Leeds have been down there for nearly a decade, of course was going to take its toll on fanbase. I meant what was attendances like 1st season they went down. I imagine it was pretty high

About 25-30,000 in 2004-5, fell to 18-26,000 in 2005-6 (and that was with them getting to the play-offs). Support quickly drops away in lower leagues and the most likely outcome is we would take a while to get back up, looking at our current squad.

Â