Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

chappy

Not as bad as over-reaction here suggests

We are very unlucky to be losing - should be a couple up. Pitch looks very poor and bobbly - not an excuse though

Bannan and Delph are the problem - no cover for the defence and no idea going forward. They're making everyone else look worse than they are. We are crying out for a couple of decent CMs - Ireland would help going forward but would leave defence even more exposed

Those calling for Bent to come on are crazy

2-1 or 3-1 to Villa by the end

Why is it crazy? We've created chances and missed them, get the man on that can take a chance!

We lose this, I'd love to hear one reason, just one why lambert should keep his job.

A disgrace.

1. he's building a good young side

2. he inherited a **** awfull situation

3. he's got the bollocks to see it through even in the face of some clearings in the woods calling for his head after half a season

as for the game, we're down to a freak goal against the run of play. we have the second leg at home and 1 - 1 in that case is alright with the away goals rule. better than 0 - 0 anyway.

who knows, we might turn this around just like the ipswich game.

PL's claret blue army.

Clark, Bennett, Baker, Lowton, Bannan ans Delph all need one way tickets to Syria, thats half our team that need changing, on a good day! this is the worst Villa team I have ever seen by quite a distance.

Bannan and Delph the problem - leaving back four exposed. 2 decent CM and defence would appear 100% better. Delph £7m(?) what a joke

That first half was a total and utter embarrassment. Lambert looks totally disinterested as does his team. The defence are possibly one of the worst I have ever seen in Villa shirts.

Awful absolutely god awful

Have to agree.

Just crying out for two decent Midfielders and 2 proper centre halfs and a LB and this side will go well.

Hate to be down on our players .

Clarke- Ridgewell looked a better prospect at the same age. Cahill out of sight. Not going to be a premier league CB

Delph- early promise has not payed off. Injuries may have changed his game. Not seen a decent prem level performance from him. Not good enough.

Bannan - Really! Get out of my club you useless clearing in the woods.

Bennett - not ready yet, shows promise and liability in equal measure.

Baker - young, might turn out ok but should not be starting