Far Cry 3

AVFC_Hitz

Said it before, game of the year for me. Completed the main story a few days ago, now working on wrapping the side missions up. No greater feeling than sneaking up to an outpost, shooting the lock off a bear's cage from distance, watching as it mauls half the guards then sneaking up on the remaining ones whilst they're desperately trying to down said bear and slitting their throats

Getting it tomorrow and I've got high hopes for it heard nothing but good things. I always thought Farcry 2 was close to being a brilliant game, but just had some painfully obvious problems that let it down. This one looks better though

The 360 version is solid as far as performance goes, there are the odd occasions when the frame rate dips and some things like textures don't load in right but the 360 is 8 years old and these things are to be expected with a game built to current PC standards. If you have the PC to play it fully with all the bells and whistles turned on then go for that, but the 360 version holds up exceptionally well visually and performance wise.

So, is this actually worth getting for the 360, or am I better waiting until I've got a decent PC at some point in the next year?

Yeah get it on the 360, I've noticed nothing wrong with mine so far, although i'm sure those problems do exist, they're pretty rare if i haven't encountered them in my 12 or so hours of play time.

I've played it on the 360 and the occasional frame rate issue aside it is quite wonderful. IMO unless you play games on the PC then the issues usually raised are non-existent, as compared to most other 360 releases the game is stunning. Compared the Assassins Creed 3 for instance, it is **** magnificent.

Finished it last night, great game.

Few spoilerish problems with it that I'll mark though

Spoilers:

I don't think the story is very good sadly, it starts off well but it turns into Tomb Raider at some point and loses what interested me, the people you work for are tedious and dull, and whilst Vas is brilliant I actually can't think of any more than 3 missions that you encounter him on, same for the other guy too. The villains are just never really in the game, and whilst they are interesting characters you barely encounter them like I hoped. The missions aren't the games strong point aside from a few standouts and I think the game is at its best when you're out in the open, hunting, taking over enemy camps and just random encounters that happen along the way. Also this game would really benefit from a new game plus, I'd have played through it all over again if they had one, where you keep your abilities/weapons

Just got it on the playstation 3 and yes, fantastic. They've taken Far Cry 2 and fixed a few annoying points about the game (outposts being the big plus for me) and improved the rest of the game ten fold. Borrowed a few elements from Assassins Creed I've noticed too. Those who have played both will know exactly what I'm on about!! Brilliant.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon Trailer

That looks great fun - love the 80's Retro look.

674.gif

>Was anybody else massively disappointed in it?

Hugely samey and the gameplay is just boring.

Nope, I'm afraid you're just wrong in the head.  :o

To be fair though, I can't stick any many games these days. Maybe I'm just past video games :(

Â