Far Cry 3

AVFC_Hitz

• 2 weeks later...

Was anybody else massively disappointed in it?

Hugely samey and the gameplay is just boring.

I said something similar to mate the other day. About 2/3rds way through and it's starting to grate a bit. Main problems

- The Radio Towers AKA not the boring after two times AssCreed tower climb again.

- Missions are sooo linear. Cut scene - walk a bit in a forced direction - cut scene - short QTE battles - cut scene and done. What?

- Tower - Outpost - Mission (rinse and repeat)

- Many of the unlockable skills are utterly pointless

Still some funnish stuff and that all the islanders have accents like they're Maori fullas from South Auckland :D

I played the latest Tomb Raider before and that was significantly more fun to play

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Time for a replay, I think.

Has anyone tried Ziggys mod?

Initial impression is that it's makes the game a lot more interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgNL93lFgc8

Latest version can be found at Nexus Mods. Free, but you need to register to download.

That's basically the end isn't it? :)

I don't care too much about the cut scenes and the story, but love survival type games. The fun for me is more exploring and messing about between missions.

Edited by tarjei

Never finished it. I did the equivalent of this when I got to that mission in which you fight some big cloud of smoke dude.

seinfeld_no_thanks.gif

Those missions are kind of all in your head though, challenges that the tribes or whatever put you through.

• 6 months later...

I have just started playing this. Not too far in, only the first real mission where you meet the nutty doctor.

They've gone with the colourful blend of the first Far Cry with the whole Heart of Darkness insanity angle of the 2nd. It looks a huge map too, which is nice.

I have just started playing this. Not too far in, only the first real mission where you meet the nutty doctor.

They've gone with the colourful blend of the first Far Cry with the whole Heart of Darkness insanity angle of the 2nd. It looks a huge map too, which is nice.

Your In for a treat, Vas is a great villain, the insanity theme of the game is great, some great missions but overall it's really fun to play. Got Far Cry 4 for my birthday....just have to wait four months for it to actually come out, it will have to be special & original to beat 3 though

Loved this game, one of only 4 games I've managed to platinum. I've even gone and bought the first 2 on steam just to see what they are like.

Â