U.S. Politics

maqroll

13 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

He is absolute vermin.

Stole the senate seat, filibustered Obama's admin 76 times, then changed the rules when filibustered once having to the nerve to label the Dems' actions as unprecedented. Disgrace

For that very reason Nate Silver making the point that in the long run this maybe a good thing for Dems. Filibuster been far more a foe than a friend to them in the past. 

19 minutes ago, villaglint said:

For that very reason Nate Silver making the point that in the long run this maybe a good thing for Dems.

But a bad thing for the people.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

76 GOP filibusters before Reid changed the rules v Dem's 1.

Try again.

I'm not defending it. But the republicans stated quite clearly at the time that the boot would be on the other foot soon enough. Can't say I'm to disappointed to see the spineless bunch of scum that is the current dem leadership completely screwed over on this one. And, please don't start with the "what about the people" thing. Neither party gives two shits about them. That the dems give 0.1 shits vs the repubs 0.001 is neither here nor there.

Trump has ordered air strikes against the Syrian Army, and they've apparently been carried out. Better hope Uncle Sam's aim is good this time, because there are an awful lot of Russians around there.

Maybe this gas attack is our Archduke event.

Are you ready for World War 3?

Usually keep away from this sort of chat, but it struck me earlier today driving to work that trump has something which most politicians forget which is a conscience. Missile attacks on Assad is a very important event, when you have the world's biggest army, and when your predecessor has done all they can do be peaceful, and the UN is paralysed, I think the yanks MUST act. No **** doubt. 

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Interesting. It looks like the removal of Bannon and his Russian conspiracy theory's has paved the way for this. 

Or someone launched chemical weapons against babies. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Or someone launched chemical weapons against babies. 

My point was that Bannon and his Breitbart crowd will have been pushing the 'false flag' narrative. He's been pushed aside whilst the US blames Assad and launches airstrikes.   

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

My point was that Bannon and his Breitbart crowd will have been pushing the 'false flag' narrative. He's been pushed aside whilst the US blames Assad and launches airstrikes.   

The US blames Assad because Assad is a **** asshole and you can shove your false flag crap up your ass because sometimes actual real events take precedence.

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

The US blames Assad because Assad is a **** asshole and you can shove your false flag crap up your ass because sometimes actual real events take precedence.

Not sure why you are getting angry at me. I think you might have gotten the wrong end of the stick somewhere. 

Anyway, have a read of the comments, the Breitbart crowd are livid:

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2017/04/06/trump-orders-strikes-syrian-regime-airbase-response-chemical-attack/

I'm DONE WITH TRUMP!!!

Assad wouldn't go and kill a bunch of kids when he had our support. This is a CIA FALSE FLAG to help Kushners Isreal enrichment at OUR expense.

I thought Trump was smarter than that. Now I know what Bannon and Kushner had their disagreement over.

How is Trump starting this war any better than Obama?

Donald Trump, I live in California and have risked my own personal safety to defend you. Now I feel like you are NO BETTER than any other puppet whose take office.

What a damn shame. Trump, your political career is dead in the water and I will work as hard to get you out as I did to get your in.

I want my money back you stupid idiot.

Edited by LondonLax

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Not sure why you are getting angry at me. I think you might have gotten the wrong end of the stick somewhere. 

Anyway, have a read of the comments, the Breitbart crowd are livid:

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2017/04/06/trump-orders-strikes-syrian-regime-airbase-response-chemical-attack/

I'm getting angry at you because you have not a clue about what you type. 

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

I'm getting angry at you because you have not a clue about what you type. 

I think you might want to reread what I wrote. I'm not sure if I need to spell it out to you but I personally believe Assad is responsible for the chemical attack and reprisals against him are justified. 

4 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I think you might want to reread what I wrote. I'm not sure if I need to spell it out to you but I personally believe Assad is responsible for the chemical attack and reprisals against him are justified. 

I re-read and I see you are trying to make a point, so sorry for wanging on, but the reason I am giving it both barrels is because I look at the images of children, as I always have, and I see MY children. It's upsetting - plus when this crap is happening you have got to be clear about where you stand, regardless of idiots like me. I support Trump on this event, whatever has happened. 

Edited by Jareth

36 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I re-read and I see you are trying to make a point, so sorry for wanging on, but the reason I am giving it both barrels is because I look at the images of children, as I always have, and I see MY children. It's upsetting - plus when this crap is happening you have got to be clear about where you stand, regardless of idiots like me. I support Trump on this event, whatever has happened. 

Would you support Trump if he lifted the ban on Syrian refugees and spent the same amount of money as those tomahawk missiles cost on humanitarian aid?

Also what is the political strategy behind this action. Is there a thought through plan behind the action? Or is it just a knee jerk emotional reaction to a horrific crime?

4 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Would you support Trump if he lifted the ban on Syrian refugees and spent the same amount of money as those tomahawk missiles cost on humanitarian aid?

Also what is the political strategy behind this action. Is there a thought through plan behind the action? Or is it just a knee jerk emotional reaction to a horrific crime?

I do not like the Donald. But when you are in charge of the biggest army in the world then your "gestures" are mostly "actions'. And regardless of how left or how PC you find your own views, there is always a stick or a carrot - and Trump is all about the stick. It may not play well domestically but this guy has to behave on a world stage. I fully supported Obama, but he turned out to be an idealist. When Assad is being as ass-hole, we need blunt action, which sadly is something our country is not able to do, so USA, please act.

Lots of serious problems likely to be created by this.

• There is absolutely no way of rationalizing that this order to bomb complies with U.S. law.  It is not covered by the authorization that allowed the Iraq and Afghanistan interventions and related actions.  We are not at war with Syria.  The U.S. is not under threat from Syria.  So how does the Republican-led Congress react to Trump's action?  Complete meltdown at being illegally bypassed in ordering an act of war, as they likely would have done if it was Obama ordering it?   Will congressional Democrats protest because it's a Republican president who did it (some would doubtless have protested if Obama did it, too, btw)?
  • If Assad goes, it's a free-for-all, and the idea of the "moderate" rebels coming to power will likely be exposed as the fantasy it's probably been all along.  Civil war between radical Islamic factions with everyone else caught in between?   What will this do to ISIS' ability to wreak havoc in the West?   Will the refugee crisis possibly even get worse?   Will humanitarian aid be more difficult to deliver when there is no longer an official government player that can easily be identified as the bad guy and be pressured by world opinion into occasionally allowing aid convoys through?
  • What will this do to US-Russian relations?  Will this turn into some kind of proxy war?

It's easy to feel good about supporting something like this in principle after the gas attacks, but the fallout could turn out to be horrendous.  Will it turn out to have been worth it?  How do you even measure that?

Â