U.S. Politics

maqroll

Still surprised Lindsey Graham wasn’t indicted in Georgia, maybe he just was the right side of the law with his interference or he’s flipped on Trump or maybe charging a sitting Senator was a step too hard and Willis got the main culprits so didn’t want to make the case harder.

On 15/08/2023 at 03:09, nick76 said:

4th Indictment, 91 counts across all four for him…

There's talk that Willis won't grant Trump bail :crylaugh:

Unlikely that he'll be detained, but what does appear likely is that he'll be forced to have a mug shot taken. Not sure if he'll be in jail scrubs and handcuffs, but that would be delicious, especially if he's paraded around like that in front of TV cameras.

Critically, this trial will be televised, which might be a way for some truth to penetrate the cult's brain fog.

It really looks bad for Trump now, and I'm allowing myself to daydream a little about the possibility of him actually being put in prison.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Critically, this trial will be televised, which might be a way for some truth to penetrate the cult's brain fog.

Wow you're an optimist, I'll give you that.

It really looks bad for Trump now, and I'm allowing myself to daydream a little about the possibility of him actually being put in prison.

I actually think the opposite. He's never going to see the inside of a cell and all of the indictments are only helping to solidify his supporters around him. The charges are helping him stay in peoples minds. He is the clear front runner for the primary and I think he's going to be the nominee.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Unlikely that he'll be detained, but what does appear likely is that he'll be forced to have a mug shot taken.

The Sheriff has already said all defendants will get a mugshot, height and weight taken and it gets posted publicly.  He’s going to hate his weight posted, remember he got Ronny Johnson to change his annual medical number

38 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Critically, this trial will be televised

Only stays televised if it remains in State Court, it won’t if Trump can get a change of venue to Federal Court who don’t permit cameras currently. 

30 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

He's never going to see the inside of a cell

If he’s found guilty of the RICO charge, the mandatory minimum detention is 5 years and judges aren’t allowed to go below this minimum in any circumstance under Georgia law.  He also can’t be pardoned before 5 years by Georgia pardoning rules by anybody and that includes the Governor or Pardoning committee.  The only way he avoids jail is not being found guilty.  If found guilty, the question is how he will be confined, that’s where I agree is the unknown but while it most likely won’t be a jail cell it will have to be confinement of some kind.

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

The Sheriff has already said all defendants will get a mugshot, height and weight taken and it gets posted publicly.  He’s going to hate his weight posted, remember he got Ronny Johnson to change his annual medical number

From what I saw on CNN this morning, he said "Unless something changes or he's told otherwise....mugshots etc". Just giving himself a little bit of wriggle room. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

Only stays televised if it remains in State Court, it won’t if Trump can get a change of venue to Federal Court who don’t permit cameras currently. 

Unlikely. He wasn't acting in his official capacity as a federal employee (the president). Meadows could possibly make that excuse, but not Trump, IMHO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Unlikely. He wasn't acting in his official capacity as a federal employee (the president). Meadows could possibly make that excuse, but not Trump, IMHO.

I agree, just providing info on what maqroll had said because we aren’t guaranteed 100% that it will be televised just in case, in the unlikelihood that Trump wins a change of venue.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I agree, just providing info on what maqroll had said because we aren’t guaranteed 100% that it will be televised just in case, in the unlikelihood that Trump wins a change of venue.

I just hope for all our sake he's held accountable for trying to destroy our country. A very dangerous man.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I just hope for all our sake he's held accountable for trying to destroy our country. A very dangerous man.

Not just the USA but the damage he’s done in the global community.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's all just getting ... pathetic. I am eating this up ...

With his attorney in tow, Rudy Giuliani traveled to Mar-a-Lago in recent months on a mission to make a personal and desperate appeal to former President Donald Trump to pay his legal bills. By going in person, a source familiar with the matter told CNN, Giuliani and his lawyer Robert Costello believed they could explain face-to-face why Trump needed to assist his former attorney with his ballooning legal bills.

Giuliani and Costello traveled to Florida in late April where they had two meetings with Trump to discuss Giuliani’s seven-figure legal fees, making several pitches about how paying Giuliani’s bills was ultimately in Trump’s best interest.

But the former president, who is notoriously strict about dipping into his own coffers, didn’t seem very interested. After Costello made his pitch, Trump verbally agreed to help with some of Giuliani’s legal bills without committing to any specific amount or timeline.

Trump also agreed to stop by two fundraisers for Giuliani, a separate source said.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, bickster said:

Presumably they'll end up banged up for that?

Yeah, more Trump idiots in jail. It'll be the same sentence that was handed out to the people that did the same with vote counters in Georgia. Intimidation and likely any other charge (threat of assault, blackmail etc) they can find in the comment of said posts. The new term for anyone of colour involved in this by the Trumpists is rigger, you can guess what they're trying to convey.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Shocked 1

13 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Yeah, more Trump idiots in jail. It'll be the same sentence that was handed out to the people that did the same with vote counters in Georgia. Intimidation and likely any other charge (threat of assault, blackmail etc) they can find in the comment of said posts. The new term for anyone of colour involved in this by the Trumpists is rigger, you can guess what they're trying to convey.

I take it Prisoners still can't vote in the states?

It would be funny if Trump couldn't do the usual photo op of the candidate voting on election day cos he's ineligible.

Ineligible to vote, but eligible to run for President. Haha.

Â