U.S. Politics

maqroll

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

From the reaction here McDonald restaurants in Brum better be prepared for spates of vandalism ...

I will avoid Starbucks that day then.

• Like 1

Just read the Torygraph article on this, and clicking on their poll even 63% of their readers don't think he should come at all. 

I can't see why they're trying to make a big thing of this. Surely just go to number 10, meet the queen, then leave. 

That being said, Birmingham is probably an inspired choice, if he has to do something. I can't think of a single protest in Birmingham in my lifetime, and the layout of the city helps prevent them anyway. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

17 minutes ago, Xann said:

I recall the condemnation around the young kid singing the Milwall song with lots of swearing and how the kid should be taken into care and yet here the audience are laughing when a 7 year old girl says Donald Trump is a word removed

one rule as always 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Xann said:

The deafening whoosh?

No I get that we have to hate Trump , I already post 8 times a day trump is word removed on Facebook so I can show everyone my moral superiority whilst basking in the likes it earns me 

I just don't think children should be used for cheap laughs unless it's them falling over in the snow or something 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I recall the condemnation around the young kid singing the Milwall song with lots of swearing and how the kid should be taken into care and yet here the audience are laughing when a 7 year old girl says Donald Trump is a word removed

I think it's wrong and distasteful to get a young girl to call trump a word removed.  I certainly wouldn't try to get my daughter to say that.  

But that isn't the main point of that video, and to post solely on that basis smacks of what the snowster is alluding to.  

• Like 3

Just now, Jon said:

I think it's wrong and distasteful to get a young girl to call trump a word removed.  I certainly wouldn't try to get my daughter to say that.  

But that isn't the main point of that video, and to post solely on that basis smacks of what the snowster is alluding to.  

Yeah I know but the video is a given , before I even clicked on it I probably could have told you how it was going to play out ... i don't  need to comment on the video as I'm not agasint the content of the video , what I was against is the use of the child , as were you by the sounds of it 

I don't like Trump anymore than the next guy , unless the next guy is Trump himself :) 

it reminded me more of the Sacha Cohen sketch where parents were so wrapped up in getting their children famous they were agreeing to just about anything ... ok no fame here as such but that mother shouldn't be letting that happen , kids can by all means grow up to hate Trump but for their own reasons not through westboro style brain washing 

• Like 2

It would be interesting to see the opinion of the viewer if the kid was parroting something less trendy. Perhaps a love for Jesus or beauty pageants or buckfast.

I've only watched the first 50 seconds or so. If I was an angry brexit type looking to stamp on dissenting opinion, I'd have highlighted her privileged background at being able to choose and afford what country to live in. Privileged people lacking empathy with a shake up of the established order, who'd a thunked it.

But I didn't last the full minute. Story of my life.

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

No I get that we have to hate Trump , I already post 8 times a day trump is word removed on Facebook so I can show everyone my moral superiority whilst basking in the likes it earns me

More whoosh.

Keep typing - Go for the hat trick! :D

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Child or not, I didn't find it even slightly funny. 0/10, must do better. 

Ssssshhhhh - Do you want her back? - They took Ullman and Corden off our hands.

• Like 1

Â