U.S. Politics

maqroll

It's pretty devastating. He's packing his cabinet with the worst kinds of people who will systematically turn us into a full fledged police state. We're halfway there already. This will be the final nail in the coffin. Unless there's a military coup, he's in there for at least four years, and do we really want a military coup? 

Hopefully this will wake more Americans up to the fact that this was all a house of cards to begin with. Collective security is over.

The only remaining question appears to be whether this will be a four year '**** you' term, where he grabs what he can for himself and his mates and runs. Or whether there's a longer game and as well as ripping people off, he shows them some cabaret turns to keep them voting Trump in four years time.

There might well be a handful of great walls and roads built, a mine re opened. A sponsored coup with flags and troops in Cascara. With a promise that if you vote again, your state's turn will also come around.

Meanwhile, don't get sick, boy. Don't get old. Don't get black. Or you are swimming against it.

• Like 1

On the 'four or eight years' question, the positive viewpoint is that he starts with a historically low approval rating, and his vote was essentially perfectly geographically-distributed, to the point that he cannot slip up in the slightest without losing an election. The negative viewpoint is that this was true for Dubya as well, and he won four more years, that four years of Trump will make a mockery of the notion that government can help people's lives in any way, hurting the arguments of Democrats, and that frankly, his macroeconomic policies (as we think they will be) are likely to be stimulative in the short-to-medium term and he will probably boost the economy, and his own chances. 

Trump never really wanted/intended to win, so I think he'll not run for reelection. I wouldn't be surprised if he resigns the office at some point. Unfortunately, Pence is just as insane. 

According to some of those interviewed for positions in the cabinet, he's been requesting 4-6yr availability. Thinking Trump will walk away is fantasy. Repubs have total control.

Will so called "democratic" voters get off their asses for the midterms? Will they try and gain control of any of the state legislatures or governorships? Or will they just cry in their milk because the bad man turned the country openly fascist. Maybe I'm being too provocative with the above statement, but given the DNC re-elected the same old people as their leaders and Bernie sold out, who's going to lead the fightback? Lots of valuable talk/ideas at the base levels of many organizations, but not a peep from the powerful. It's sad.

Edited by villakram

56 minutes ago, villakram said:

According to some of those interviewed for positions in the cabinet, he's been requesting 4-6yr availability. Thinking Trump will walk away is fantasy. Repubs have total control.

Will so called "democratic" voters get off their asses for the midterms? Will they try and gain control of any of the state legislatures or governorships? Or will they just cry in their milk because the bad man turned the country openly fascist. Maybe I'm being too provocative with the above statement, but given the DNC re-elected the same old people as their leaders and Bernie sold out, who's going to lead the fightback? Lots of valuable talk/ideas at the base levels of many organizations, but not a peep from the powerful. It's sad.

To be honest I don't think you are. 

28 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

This **** moron's going to get us all killed isn't he?

I think he's gonna try.

Someone will bump him off I reckon. That British kid with special needs had a go, I'm sure he's not the only one thinking hard about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I might tweet him later to see if he wants to buy my tiger repelling rock

I have great rocks. I'm gonna tell you. Oh yeah. I have the best rocks. Sad about tiger.

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Genie said:

I bet the secret service are delighted he got the gig aren't they. It'll be permanent overtime for them if they want it.

Not if he continues to employ his own private security force. Secret Service are taking a back seat so far, against the advice of people who know better. These are the guys he had rough up protesters and anyone who looked like they could be a protester. Nice eh? Bodes well.

All that lovely nuclear bomb money will keep a lot of the right people happy. 

He's doing a wonderful job of serving his constituents - his constituents being corporate America and its banks. It's us that haven't made the adjustment. 

Presidencies shouldn't be judged on the feelings of unimportant people.

12 hours ago, maqroll said:

Not if he continues to employ his own private security force. Secret Service are taking a back seat so far, against the advice of people who know better. These are the guys he had rough up protesters and anyone who looked like they could be a protester. Nice eh? Bodes well.

The S.A., by any other name. 

4 hours ago, Genie said:

I still can't believe that the American people voted for him to be the president. It's still not sunk in.

How can so many people be so stupid? 

It is amazing that he is going to President. If it was a movie, it would be criticised for being too far fetched!

However, Clinton was a awful choice by the Democrats. Anyone else and I think they would have won. 

Â