West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

We really have to get players like Bent off the books so we could afford players like Lescott. Him and Vlaar might have actually made for a decent pairing.

O/T but who's to say Vlaar and Okore won't?

• Like 1

won't he [Lescott] get 'knee capped' now ?

...or has another internet myth bit the dust ?

Just because it won't happen again doesn't mean it never happened.

Do you believe in Jeebus too?

If I didn't know anyone involved I wouldn't believe it either.

We really have to get players like Bent off the books so we could afford players like Lescott. Him and Vlaar might have actually made for a decent pairing.

You really think if we offloaded Bent - lerner would let that amount be re invested in wages ? - the wage bill would never go down if allowed such a thing

• 3 weeks later...

West Brom just announced their new main sponsor. Some US Tech company. Interesting fact for me was that they are receiving around £1M for the 1 year deal. That sounds a bit........naff. Does anybody know how much we attract sponsorship-wise? We're at a low-ebb at the moment so presumably not a great deal, but I'm sure I remember Genting paying >2M per season.

West Brom just announced their new main sponsor. Some US Tech company. Interesting fact for me was that they are receiving around £1M for the 1 year deal. That sounds a bit........naff. Does anybody know how much we attract sponsorship-wise? We're at a low-ebb at the moment so presumably not a great deal, but I'm sure I remember Genting paying >2M per season.

Dafabet pay £5m a year IIRC. Genting was nearly double that I think.

Dafabet pay £5m a year IIRC. Genting was nearly double that I think.

I dont think thats right. Surely not...

After having researched, you're pretty much correct. Genting was £8M/Year and Dafabet £5M/Year. Thats a relief. Also shows that Baggies are still seen as a non-entitiy in the bigger picture. That difference is stark.

This shows that we do punch above our weights slightly these days. Or alternatively, given our wage bill and other metrics that we grossly underperform. 

Edited by Djemba_Villan

It seems like we're raking it in until you compare it to Citeh's £40m "sponsorship".

Edit - Your table has City at £20m, and that table seems more reliable than my memory.

Edited by ArteSuave

The baggies lot are arguing amongst themselves now over the shirt. Apparently the ones who like it are a disgrace to their club and can't see that tradition is being broken and their club has lost all its soul hahahaha

Supposedly closing in on a big name striker signing. According to Peter O'Rourke's twiiter. Can't think who that might be, maybe Moses or Bentdner it they count as big names.

Â