Its about the villa not the prem

smetrov

Relegation would quite frankly be disastrous. The only benefit would be that I'd actually get to see us win a lot and trounce some teams, which is never something I've had the pleasure of watching Villa do.

trounce? thats a bit arrogant, Bolton adn Wolves are struggling to win games after going straight down

OP Here

Im not advocating relegation as a stepping stone to other things. As others have said for every newcaste , there is a leeds , shef wed or even wolves.

I just thought the video made good viewing, the goals, the packed holte, the deafening roar from the holte.

Whatever division we are in - it will always be the the villa for me - I hate what the prem is now about.

Agree with that totally. They were great days, it was a great season, and the 10 years or so that followed it were our golden post-war era when it was so good to be a Villa fan, particularly in the Holte.

Don't know why, but thinking about all that makes me feel a bit :( .

and trounce some teams, which is never something I've had the pleasure of watching Villa do.

How long you been following the Villa pal?

Off the top of my head in 07/08 we had three weeks on the spin where we beat Bolton 4-0, Derby 6-0 and Blues 6-1 you don't get much better spells of trouncing teams than that. I am pretty sure in that season we also beat Newcastle 4-1, Wrexham 5-0 and Bolton away 4-0.

As others have said if we did go down it won't necessarily work that we will start giving teams a good hiding. It certainly hasn't worked like that for the vast majority of teams that have been relegated.

A lot of famous names in the 2nd Div... sorry, Championship. Some of them have been there a long time and don't look like coming up anytime soon. Certainly we'd see more Saturday games and the old 3rd and 2nd Division days were mostly exciting but I'd rather given it a miss thanks.

It is about Villa, not the Prem - oh so romantic but also so, so naive.

We are a club who lack support from others than our core fans in Birmingham and around the UK who come to the matches. We have a 40K+ stadium but we never sell out compared to other similar teams who always have a packed stadium. If we go down I think we would really struggle with attracting people to the stands and just become a Championship-team in the end, which would ruin the fun of supporting Villa for many people. I live in Norway, I am 27 and have been to 7 Villa-games in my life. Would I plan a trip to see us play in the Championship against Watford, paying roughly 500-600 pounds to do so? Not a chance. Does that make me a lousier fan than those who turn up to every game without complainting? Certainly, but the problem are not them, they will turn up no matter what. The problem would be people like me who would still support the club, just not as passionately. I would still check every result and know every player in the team, know who was injured and check who we were linked with, but I just know it would be a terrible experience having Barry Bannan as our best player and being linked with some chap from Birmingham who might or might now want to switch to a similar Championship-team. Players like Darren Bent, even Benteke and Vlaar, would be long gone. I just hope and pray we don't go down, it would absolutely tragic.

It is about Villa, not the Prem - oh so romantic but also so, so naive.

We are a club who lack support from others than our core fans in Birmingham and around the UK who come to the matches. We have a 40K+ stadium but we never sell out compared to other similar teams who always have a packed stadium. If we go down I think we would really struggle with attracting people to the stands and just become a Championship-team in the end, which would ruin the fun of supporting Villa for many people. I live in Norway, I am 27 and have been to 7 Villa-games in my life. Would I plan a trip to see us play in the Championship against Watford, paying roughly 500-600 pounds to do so? Not a chance. Does that make me a lousier fan than those who turn up to every game without complainting? Certainly, but the problem are not them, they will turn up no matter what. The problem would be people like me who would still support the club, just not as passionately. I would still check every result and know every player in the team, know who was injured and check who we were linked with, but I just know it would be a terrible experience having Barry Bannan as our best player and being linked with some chap from Birmingham who might or might now want to switch to a similar Championship-team. Players like Darren Bent, even Benteke and Vlaar, would be long gone. I just hope and pray we don't go down, it would absolutely tragic.

Therefore you are not actually a fan of Villa but a fan of the Premier League?

Would you have come over to see Villa play Watford in the PL?

I don't know why we bother cheering a goal if success and failure don't matter.

So you don't celebrate or are happy when we score or win?

Your just waiting for us to win the league?

Going by your thinking every clubs fans outside the premier league are topping themselves weekly..

Will you even 'support' villa if we were relegated, the way you bang on about investment I highly doubt it.

Cheerio.

Why, Chris. That's glib. value for money matters. someone not wishing to pay 500 quid to see a championship game seems entirely consistent with that. People want to see something of quality for their money. I'm sure he'd still want the club to do well, but not being prepared an awful lot of money to pay for a lower standard of football seems a widespread viewpoint.

So you don't celebrate or are happy when we score or win?

Your just waiting for us to win the league?

Going by your thinking every clubs fans outside the premier league are topping themselves weekly..

Will you even 'support' villa if we were relegated, the way you bang on about investment I highly doubt it.

Had my season ticket since the days of Doug so I'm not just here if we spend big.

Of course I cheer because unlike some it seems I actually see the point in competitive sport.

Having no problem with being relegated makes no sense to me. Like I says if its no problem why get excited when we win? If losing doesn't matter why does winning feel any better?

We'd struggle to get 30k even for the "big" matches if we were to go down. Being in the PL is a huge benefit for a club like Villa and the TV money is virtually what keeps our club going. Our core support would still be there but many "casual/occasional" fans who were bought back into the fold after Ellis buggered off would be lost for a very long time, if not forever. I'd imagine we lost a fair number because of McLeish but the kick in the bollocks of relegation coupled with the state of the economy would be a total disaster for the club's revenue; I could see us slipping to League One like Leeds did.

The club would never be the same again.

Why, Chris. That's glib. value for money matters. someone not wishing to pay 500 quid to see a championship game seems entirely consistent with that. People want to see something of quality for their money. I'm sure he'd still want the club to do well, but not being prepared an awful lot of money to pay for a lower standard of football seems a widespread viewpoint.

Absolutely, but you won't catch me mourning the absence of anyone who disappears if we get relegated or announces their reasoning on a message board.

Â