January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

the only money that went to waste was on bennett, which is only a couple of million, so its not really an issue

benteke, worth every penny of £7m

el ahmadi on cost £3m, was good at first, might come good again, MIGHT

bowery at £300k, even if he doesnt make it, we will get our money back

vlaar, no need for words

All blame aside, we are where we are.

having been benched all season the "BIG STARS" are obviously being paid to do not alot on the pitch. have Dunne, Bent, Ireland and Nzogbia all been injured this year, yes. have they performed when they've been on the pitch? (with the exception of Nzogbia trying a bit harder but still being a bit greedy on the ball) HELL NO. 

In fairness to Bent on tuesday he tried a bit and had a few lay offs that sped our play up a bit, unfortunately I dont remember any of them going to a villa player and the moves broke down on the rare occasion he was fed a pass. Benteke's first touch was heavy (and thats being kind) and also lost possession. hence the ONLY chance we created was Nzogbia getting it keeping it and hitting a shot that was unlucky not to go in.

I'm not a coach or a manger or any of that but I was watching and I've been watching most of the season. theres a reason Benteke, Gabby and Weimann are getting a game ahead of Bent.

It doesnt really matter how we got here with these individuals now. What matters is are they going to give 100% effort if they get on the pitch. If the answer is no with any of them then it doesnt matter how good their feet are if their hearts and minds arent in it.

• Like 1

the only money that went to waste was on bennett, which is only a couple of million, so its not really an issue

benteke, worth every penny of £7m

el ahmadi on cost £3m, was good at first, might come good again, MIGHT

bowery at £300k, even if he doesnt make it, we will get our money back

vlaar, no need for words

As bad as he has been I certainly wouldn't call the Bennett money a waste just yet. I still think he'll prove himself in time.

Palacios would be a good CM signing..... something like this would work

----------------Vlaar---NEW CB

Lowton---------------------------Bennett

--------------------Sylla

-----Palacios------------Westwood

---Weimann----------Gabby

---------------Tekkers

Palacios westwood sylla midfield looks a lot better!

Christ yes. Palacios WAS a very, very good player. Perhaps this is a chance for him to regain some fitness and form. If he's chomping at the bit we've nothing to lose.

We're going down with a wimper. Lets at least try to go down fighting.