January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

I'd say he's Out-Douging Doug ATM.

absolutely agree with that. Some of the support for him was , I think, because he wasn't Ellis. Well you don't need to be the man to still act like the man. I wanted Ellis out not because of who he was but what he did. Seems reasonable to hold the same approach with this guy

absolutely agree with that. Some of the support for him was , I think, because he wasn't Ellis. Well you don't need to be the man to still act like the man. I wanted Ellis out not because of who he was but what he did. Seems reasonable to hold the same approach with this guy

He has still pumped in a quarter of a billion pounds of his own money into the club. A lot of it might have been spent poorly but it is a lot more money than Ellis ever put in.

Moose from talksport (sometimes right, sometimes wrong) just tweeted:

@BroadcastMoose: Alan Hutton set to leave A Villa for Mallorca ? @radio1mallorca

maybe the window won't be a total disaster
  • Like 1

And we slagged off Ellis when we couldn't sign Erik Bakke on loan - well done Lerner you have managed to do a Doug

The 8mil we offered for Dempsey has obviously got lost in the same place the £5mil for Matt Holland went missing ....

He has still pumped in a quarter of a billion pounds of his own money into the club. A lot of it might have been spent poorly but it is a lot more money than Ellis ever put in.

People do keep banding this figure around quite alot, but is that the true figure ?  i.e.  what money has he taken out of the club ?  Spend versus Return if you will....

The 8mil we offered for Dempsey has obviously got lost in the same place the £5mil for Matt Holland went missing ....

I think the fact that Randy put up the £8m for Dempsey, who would've commanded high wages, shows that he is genuinely happy to stump up the money when a player is worth it, as Dempsey was worth a lot more.

In all honesty, not many of the players who have been purchased by our rivals have been playing well of late or haven't had issues with their previous clubs...some may come good, but some may just end up like the mega money signings QPR made in the summer...

People

do keep banding this figure around quite alot, but is that the true

figure ?  i.e.  what money has he taken out of the club ?  Spend versus

Return if you will....

I think it includes the £60m he bought the club for, but yes, he has spent a lot, funding transfers when running a deficit. I don't know if it's as much as a quater billion though!

Edited by tarjei

If by pumped you mean loaned at a lowish interest rate then yes he has!!

He certainly hasn't gifted Villa 250m!!! There's a difference, he expects all loans back!!

If by pumped you mean loaned at a lowish interest rate then yes he has!!

He certainly hasn't gifted Villa 250m!!! There's a difference, he expects all loans back!!

It is an accounting trick but there is no way he well be seeing all that money again. If he were to sell up he'd only get half that back at most.

Meanwhile the club is still not turning a profit so he has to keep putting his own money in.

Btw I still think DS will come to Villa eventually as long as we don't completely capitulate. DS knows Villa are a massive club and it's massive opportunity. However we are in disarray. But like I said there's no decision to be made anywyas as no fee has been agreed

Just saw this and thought you were on about Dean Saunders. Shame we couldn't get this lad in, either way up or down would have been a useful addition.

It is an accounting trick but there is no way he well be seeing all that money again. If he were to sell up he'd only get half that back at most.

Meanwhile the club is still not turning a profit so he has to keep putting his own money in.

He only see half back because because he has miserably failed as a chairman! With the money spent (which is in line with Spurs) he should have achieved CL and the club would have been worth far more then. If he had invested wisely he would not have lost so much of his inheritence from Daddy!!! Ahh diddums for little Randolph go and ask Mommy and big Sis for some more play money!!

He only see half back because because he has miserably failed as a chairman! With the money spent (which is in line with Spurs) he should have achieved CL and the club would have been worth far more then. If he had invested wisely he would not have lost so much of his inheritence from Daddy!!! Ahh diddums for little Randolph go and ask Mommy and big Sis for some more play money!!

I do agree with this though I probably wouldn't put it like that :P

He made a pretty big mistake not getting a CEO on board who knows something about building a club.

The owner doesn't have to know anything about football if they put someone in charge who does, then they just invest money when needed. It would be a few years of expense building the club up but then you can take a back seat when the club is achieveing at a higher level and let it turn over it's own revenue.

We have had no direction or purpose for years now though. All the money pumped in has turned into nothing and the owner doesn't have much more to throw away in order to start all over again.

I've seen a few people say that DS has turned us down based on what I wrote yesterday.  I didnt mean that.  Like I said no fee agreed so no decision to make.  But I was told if there was a decision to make, our current plight has changed things.  Unless we show a bit of ambition.  Also the fact that so much pressure would be on DS to save our season when lets face it he wouldnt do that.  He is a good player and would work well alongside Westwood imo.  However, to pin your hopes on him would be detrimental to the team and him.

I can still see a move happening in the near future.  Probably summer.  Lambert really likes him.

Just because I'm clutching at straws and desperate for activity, I'm clinging on to this thought.......if there is no money to spend, surely this could be communicated over the phone??

Why then did lambert need to fly to America to be told there's no money? just to have a coffee and see Lerners house?

Maybe just maybe we are doing a little something but in our own very private way?

O well it's something.