January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

mental.... Absolutely mental... We can't even beat Bradford over 2 legs and yet Lambert's "Happy" to go with that he has? I blame all three of the idiots running our club... If we go down they should all stand directly in front of the Holte and let us chuck fruit and veg at them :P

Didn't see the post above mine :D We do need players in, end of story!!

Edited by Mattyp_avfc

Its just insane not bringing in new players must be a Lambert decision surely, he can be very stubborn and ,I can imagine him saying his squad is good enough. Another rumour which stands good ground is Lamberts been Brought in knowing relegation is looming and to help us with a season in the championship. Makes sense!!!

how bizarre this comment is! Brought in knowing relegation, he was brought at the beginning of the season you realise and who would've thought we'd be this bad and yet we still aren't in the relegation zone. We are awful I agree but we didn't know that at the beginning of the season, so your last comment is a little bizarre

"Henry Winter @henrywinter

Lambert has talked to Lerner about reinforcing #avfc. 'We don't just talk about the weather. In an ideal world, I'd love to get players in.'"

In a message to VillaCas...I stand corrected.

Although I would like him to explain why we may not get players...if you get me...

Edited by AVFCAM

Oh and if someone can correct me, I'm pretty sure Lambert said 'if I have to go with what I've got, I'm ok with that' he may have said 'happy' I don't know...

To me, that's him saying he believes they have what it takes and that he doesn't think reinforcements are needed. Sure he may want players, but he isn't worried about not having any more...I do, I think what we have are a few diamonds mixed in with a whole lot of poo!

Henry Winter tweeted "Lambert has talked to Lerner about reinforcing #avfc. 'We don't just talk about the weather. In an ideal world, I'd love to get players in.'

Henry Winter tweeted "Lambert has talked to Lerner about reinforcing #avfc. 'We don't just talk about the weather. In an ideal world, I'd love to get players in.'

I like the "We don't just talk about the weather" part of the quote. So they talk about the weather, and non-existent transfers. Sounds like a good job.

In a message to VillaCas...I stand corrected.

Although I would like him to explain why we may not get players...if you get me...

Fair enough.

I understand that Lambert thought he would be able to bring in two or three this window. He's now been told no money. 

He must understand the reasons and also must have some confidence we can survive - he just doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would just walk

I also think that he should get credit for not moaning but just getting on with it

We're are going with Lambert - we need to recognise that and get behind him now.

Moaning, protests, booing or boycotts are not going to help the club

I agree that sacking him would be a huge waste of time, I think the crest of media jism that 'Arry is currently riding on will at some point collapse, I also think Southampton's mix of average and expensive players will combust at some point before May...I just hope we can get a win in the league soon, as we may all be made to look like idiots as our fortunes post future win (and confidence boost/pressure lift it would bring) may change for the better as quickly as they took a nose dive post Liverpool win...after which we thought we were going to storm up the table...

Moaning, protests, booing or boycotts are not going to help the club

When things get really bad that's all the fans have.

Look at 1967: a period of extreme negativity from the fans led to a change of ownership and, eventually, strong rebuilding.

HH you're a bit behind with that post fella...I've been corrected and we've all moved forwards towards a shared understanding...

Sorry, although your post did make sense, albeit a little late.

Also...how many people have come back and apologised for the crap you were given when you were one of the first to provide ITK knowledge that transfers were not happening? Turns out they were wrong and you we're absolutely correct!

I still reckon we will get 1 or 2 in - probably on loan or for a fee of no more than £1.5m.

Its **** ridicolous by Lerner.  Thats where the blame lies re transfers.  I am sure PL would love to get in 2 midfielders probably Sissoko and Stephens.   However if Lerner doesnt give him the cash then what can he do.  He has to just get behind the team just like we have to.  It baffles me though when we know Warnock and Dunne are out of contract in the summer and we could easily sell Bent that we do not use the money saved from the Summer and bring it forward to pay Sissoko £50k pw and pay his transfer fee of £3.5m.  Stupidity.  Who looks after the money at Villa?

Does that mean Lerner has said 'well mate, you did have £20m off me before and they're not doing too well' or 'mate, the ex wife has robbed me blind I haven't got a pot to piss in! That jet I have? You know, the one I picked you up in?! That thing ay cheap me mon!'

Lerner slips into a bit of Black Country from his time spent in the midlands :D

• Like 2

When things get really bad that's all the fans have.

Look at 1967: a period of extreme negativity from the fans led to a change of ownership and, eventually, strong rebuilding.

We'll have to agree to disagree

Also I'm not sure what worked in 1967 is a direct comparison to what would be best today